Seeking a Mechanical-Manufacturing Project Engineer for a manufacturing company in the greater Trenton, NJ area.
Essential Functions of Job:
- Work on high priority manufacturing improvement projects in the plant: These improvement projects could include: Projects to improve speed of manufacturing, improve quality or reduce defects, automate parts of the manufacturing process/value stream, improve safety of the plant, improve environmental conditions and/or air emissions for the plant, and increase the Overall Equipment Effectiveness for production lines/value streams.
- Take direction from the Plant Manager and study/analyze the potential improvement opportunities, help calculate potential savings, work with staff and outside vendors to provide solution options, help cost justify the project, and then deliver great project management leadership and execute the actual improvement.
- Manage a number of projects at one time and provide top management & Corporate personnel with timeline/status of each project.
- Ultimately, drive all cap-ex projects and help with annual budget planning of all cap ex projects.
- Analyze all pertinent manufacturing data including Productivity, Quality, Delivery, Safety, Environmental, and Maintenance data and look for opportunities for improvement projects.
- Work with suppliers to spec out equipment for improvement projects
Desired Education, Experience and Personal Qualities:
- Prefer someone with a Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering degree. This person must have a strong mechanical background. This environment is a high volume manufacturing site.
- Candidate should have at least 6-8 years of strong mechanical process improvement experience, manufacturing production line improvements, bringing in automation/robotics to reduce labor and improve quality, ability to spec out equipment with highly mechanical processes.
- Candidate should have a decent working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Candidate must have very strong project management experience. Must be able to show similar CI projects they worked on in past.
- Someone with a Stamping background would be a plus!
This Company is running at full capacity plus at this time and has not been impacted much by current situation.
This is a very HOT job! Qualified candidates will be vetted quickly!
Pay is very good. It will depend on experience, but could go into 90's for someone with the right experience and background.
Please apply to the system if you are interested.
Company would prefer to find someone local in the NJ, PA area.
This is NOT a job for someone just out of school or who just received a Master's degree with very little work experience.
You must apply into the system to be considered.
Metz Strategic Solutions is a Recruiting firm specializing in placing manufacturing, distribution, accounting, HR and Safety talent to organizations in PA, NJ, MD, DE and the Mid-Atlantic Area and throughout North America. Our website is www.metzstrategicsolutions.com
You are encouraged to connect with Tony Metz on LinkedIn. IF we are not already connected-please search MS Solutions and invite me.
If your organization has hard-to-fill positions-please contact us! Our rates are amongst the lowest in the area and we successfully place many professional positions each year. Our contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org or by text to 717-491-2761.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year