Quanta Utility Engineering Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power, oil and natural gas industries. QUES has the knowledge and expertise to handle a full spectrum of projects. From the most straightforward, single-component installation to the most complex, multi-state project, QUES handles’ the job safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively. We are looking for a Planning Engineer, Electrical Distribution out of the identified location, to perform engineering studies and analyses on utility system, prepare engineering solutions to mitigate system risk, and optimize system investment.
· Plans, develops and coordinates engineering studies on projects with complex engineering solutions to address system risk, reliability and capacity limitations.
· With supervision of Senior Planning Engineers, make recommendations for capital projects and changes to system configuration and design.
· Develops and peer reviews recommendations on locating new or expansion of existing substation facilities, conceptual layout and design of substations actively coordinates project-specific
· Understanding and meeting all contract requirements.
· Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles, including understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
· Must have strong command of English language; experience and demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others
· With supervision of Senior Planning Engineers, may perform activities depending on clients’ needs such as: load balancing, short circuit studies, layout scoping, time current curve analysis, estimating, and work order management, in support of engineering projects.
- Additional duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (BS, BA) in Electrical, Structural Mechanical or Civil Engineering. Prior internship or utility experience preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience with an electrical utility
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Good judgement and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Able to communicate effectively and work in a team-based environment
- Working knowledge of CYME DIST for load flows and short circuit calculations and CYME TCC for production of device settings is preferred (not required).
- Working knowledge of engineering software tools are highly desired and preferred (not required).
To apply: https://www.ques.com/careers/?gnk=job&gni=8a78859f789e32ee0178d6f891f41bb1&gns=Others=Other
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday