We are seeking a Senior Tableau Developer to join our People Analytics team at Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits.
The Analytics team continues to build out the Analytics Center of Excellence; providing business intelligence support to help Southern Glazer's leaders make
informed & timely strategic workforce decisions.
The People Analytics Consultant reports directly to the People Analytics Director. As a Sr. People Analytics Consultant, you will primarily focus on ETL development
and data visualization solutions to improve business processes. This job involves tasks such as creating Tableau dashboard reports, creating business intelligence
reports and visualizations, creating ETL workflows, and attending feedback sessions to improve systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Expert level Tableau knowledge will be used to educate the business on its features for integration with their reporting needs.
- Responsible for gathering business requirements, interpreting those requirements into technical reporting output, and delivering the project to business stakeholders.
- The developer's duty is to design, develop, and maintain various business intelligence applications (ad-hoc reports, self-service architecture, dashboards, scorecard).
- Work directly with functional leaders and other Analytics Consultants to understand exactly why our business will find value in the information contained in the report.
- Iterate with the business users to collaboratively build prototypes to nail down the final desired solution.
- Support the administration of a backend business intelligence architecture that will achieve a balance in the following goals: meet the business users' requirements,
limit the overhead cost of future maintenance, achieve optimized report performance.
- Provide feedback to the data warehouse team to alert them to data issues or opportunities to expand the data warehouse to meet client expectations.
- Collaborate with your team members to promote best practices, data knowledge, and workload management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a related field
- 3+ years' experience working with a modern BI tool (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Looker)
- 2+ years' experience working with ETL tools (Alteryx, MicroStrategy)
- Advanced skills in writing SQL queries
- Understanding of high-level data warehousing practices (architecture, analysis, execution)
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs