SALEM Engineering Group, Inc. is a multi-disciplined consulting firm providing services in Geotechnical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Forensic Engineering, Engineering Geology, Construction Inspection and Materials Testing. Our experienced and highly qualified staff of engineers, geologists, environmental assessors, scientists and construction inspection professionals brings a responsive team-oriented approach to project management. Our services are offered throughout California and the Western United States.
We are looking for an experienced Structural Design Engineer at our corporate office headquarters located in Fresno, California. This position will be responsible for conducting overall structural analysis of commercial, industrial and residential structures such a retail shops, solar sites and wood-framed single and multi-family dwellings and creating the appropriate and required documentation and analysis reports. The qualified candidate must have a BS in Civil Engineering and 5-10 years of structural design experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding, interpreting and applying applicable codes, regulations and professional standards of care, as well as evaluating and proposing alternative designs.
Essential duties include:
· Assist with the development of policies, procedures, standards, and Code related activity.
· Review structural analyses for accuracy.
· Generate required engineering reports for review.
· Perform site visits as needed to gather required data.
· Review of shop drawings, structural drawings, and calculations.
· Conduct engineering analysis: identify the problem, develop and evaluate alternative solutions, and prepare recommendations.
· Develop and mentor junior staff, provide quality guidance, and assist with project management.
· Other projects and duties as assigned that are related to and support the design department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· BS Degree in Civil Engineering from accredited four year school is required.
· PE license (California) is required.
· 5-10 years of related experience.
· Ability to design and analyze structures.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Knowledge of current version of AutoCAD 2016 or later version.
· Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong data analysis and technical problem solving.
· Outgoing and positive attitude, dependable, and committed to meet all assigned project deadlines.
· Work independently and in a team environment.
· Self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and able to successfully multitask.
SALEM’s culture is energetic, collaborative and open. We value people who have a positive impact on those around them. We are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative