The Resident Engineer is an integral part of our mission within our Professional Services team. As an Extended Expertise Engineer, you will work on-site/remote with our customer(s) supporting our mission to help them quickly and completely adopt our Security Operating Platform, leaving them more secure. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and you will develop and maintain expert level skill sets on our products and solutions deployed within the customer's environment.
· Assist customers with their Incident Response efforts leveraging PulseSecure products and expertise
· Learn & understand the customer’s business requirements and the threat landscape that is most applicable to their industry’s vertical sector
· Lead technical implementation/operations in a customer environment
· Interact with Security and IT technologies relating to customer environment
· Ability to communicate effectively in crisis situations with all levels of an organization from Engineering/Operations to CIO/CISO audiences
· Ability to create documentation
· Ability to refine and translate complex requirements and execute best practice solutions
· Other tasks and duties as needed to support the customer and/or business relating to PulseSecure
Ø Basic Networking Concepts like OSI model, TCP/IP,(Logical Link Control, Flow Control, Link Negotiation) (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, TFTP, FTP, BootP)
Ø Basic Ethernet Concepts and Cablings.
Ø Bridging and Switching Concepts, LAN Technologies such as Ethernet - CSMA/CD
Ø STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN tagging
Ø Server Concepts and working knowledge in DHCP, DNS, Radius, SNMP, web server etc.
Ø Knowledge of Security Technologies and Protocols: Firewall, TLS/SSL, Http/Https.
Ø Knowledge of Enterprise Apps and Enterprise Security: SAML/SSO, IPSEC, SSL, PKI, traditional overlay VPN technologies.
Ø Good network troubleshooting skills with the excellent understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting, routing, VLANs, and protocols including HTTP1/2, DNS, SNMP, FTP.
Ø Experience in analyzing the packets using Ethereal, TCPdump etc.
Good to Have:
Ø Knowledge of virtualization and hypervisors: VMware vSphere, MS Hyper-V, KVM.
Ø Knowledge of with cloud computing vendors: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud.
Expected Start Date: 12/10/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Draper, UT 84020: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Speak with the employer