Reporting to the General Manager, the Quality Engineer will support the quality function with respect to volume and new products and engineering change control. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting all quality issues.
- Provides Quality Assurance of all direct material including process assessment, process control plans, help with launching New products, inspection plans, and statistical data
- Plans and assures quality standards associated with engineering changes including process layout and flow, statistical and Process control
- Maintains and interprets data
- Leads/implements Kaizan project
- Provides statistical information for quality improvement by identifying testing methods and samples.
Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- Project team experience
- Proficiency in application of Advanced Quality Planning techniques, process flow diagram, process control plan, quality Measurement and statistical techniques, quality tools
- Successful completion of formal problem solving/decision making training
- Working knowledge and application of SPC techniques (capability studies, trend analysis)
- Personal computer skills (MS Office)