The Data Systems Engineer will contribute to a fast paced and growing team responsible for the development, testing, and continued improvements for Direct Automation customers. This position with have oversight of the design and implementation of integrated IT systems. The Data Systems Engineer will be customer-oriented, well organized, and possess good problem- solving skills. In addition to strong technical aptitudes, backed by at least 5 years of in the trenches experience, a good communicator and a person who can manage time and multiple projects well especially when a client needs strong guidance. This position should also be backed a BA/BS degree or equivalent years’ experience instead (5 or more preferred)
- Lead systems management efforts and help define product roadmap for the Data Management team
- Develop new strategies and procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
- Develop and create visual and written documentation, diagramming topology
- Create and implement operational processes and procedures as well as follow through.
- Responsible for supporting and administering the ability to collect and publish real-time information using the existing OSI soft platform or equivalent future platforms for clients.
- Provides the ability to trend and analyze data in real-time or historical mode, using easy- to-configure displays.
- Responsible for creating custom or requested reports from PI data sources using SQL management tools and Tableau or PI vision reporting software.
- Pay Close attention to detail needed to verify accuracy of reports and correct formatting.
- Understanding of fermentation kinetics and ethanol processes.
- Lead and develop process improvements.
- Lead and develop new ideas for reports that make finding plant improvements easier.
- Manage customer meetings discussing projects, current issues, feature requests, new sales opportunities, etc.
- Assist with hardware capacity management
- Assist in proposal generation and planning
- Ability to lead application team members with the design and implementations of systems
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Manage time & tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Provide good problem-solving skills and customer service
- Perform other related duties as assigned by direct manager
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with an engineering discipline preferred and 5 years of hands on experience or equivalent work experience
- Training or thorough understanding of industrial process automation workflows
- MS SQL Server DB experience
- Windows Server OS’s
- Excellent time & task management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
Additional Qualifications (but not required):
- OSIsoft software administration experience
- Web Development experience (Umbraco or equivalent)
- Tableau reports experience (or similar tools such as Power BI, etc.)
- Visual Basic experience
- Have a proactive mindset capable of locating issues and resolving before they impact the customer
- Implement new technology and standardization's based on industry best practices.
- Ability to accurately and in a timely manner track and log billable time via service tickets, time sheets and expenses
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and be able to work with various technologies and applications as needed. Be able to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Ability to travel as required. Time is usually minimal, as most work will be done remote but could require travelling 1-2 days in a week to perform on-site visits for support and training purposes.
- Overnight stays are infrequent but may be required in certain cases.
Experience in one or more of the following beneficial:
- Database experience
- Process knowledge
- Web design
- Chemical Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Math degree
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off