- Full-cell control hardware design and component selection including safety, motion control, pneumatic, operator interface, and networking components.
- Schematic drafting for master control and power distribution panels, cell wiring diagrams, and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Development of PLC and HMI files in adherence to customer-specific controls standard.
- Draft of operational manuals, maintenance documentation, and bills of material for all projects; ensuring adherence to, and completion of all project requirements.
- On-site integration through customer buy off, operator/maintenance training, and production support as required.
- Design and setup of in-house validation and customer demonstration cells for vision and controls integration.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
Position Requirements: .
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related degree).
- 3+ years related job experience.
- Experience in controls software design, examples: Rockwell Studio 5000 Logix Designer, Siemens TIA Portal, Siemens Step 7, Siemens SIMATIC WinCC, FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition, RSLinx, RSNetWorx for DeviceNet, 2D AutoCAD, EPLAN Electrical, and Ignition or other SCADA systems.
- Experience in Ethernet/IP and DeviceNet hardware design.
- Experience in 480VAC, 240/120VAC, and 24VDC power/control circuits design including sizing of control transformers, fuses and circuit breakers, contactors and relays, wire and cables, and pneumatic controls.
- Experience in conforming to safety and operational standardization including Lockout/Tagout, NEMA, OSHA, NFPA, and others.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspection, and communications systems.
- Travel as required to support projects.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) program, with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance
- Flexible work environment
Variation Reduction Solutions, Inc. (VRSI) a Plymouth, MI based company has been providing customers with state-of-the-art vision solutions for metrology, industrial robot guidance, and inspection systems throughout many industries since 1998. In addition to vision applications, we also specialize in tooling certification, 3D
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location