Python Software Engineer ( Data Engineer)-1900192A
The Oracle Data Cloud is on the cutting edge in development of measurement and targeting methodologies for digital and offline advertising. The biggest advertisers, CPG companies, and social media platforms in the world use these methods to help better understand and plan their advertising strategies.
As a Senior Software Developer (Software Developer III) you’ll be implementing cutting edge data pipelines and high performance computing methodologies at scale. This requires collaborating with researchers and applying robust software architectural decision making skills to optimize the performance of first in industry techniques to measure the efficacy of digital media campaigns.
Primary responsibilities include:
Skills and qualifications:
- Providing thought leadership in the implementation of data pipelines and workflows
- Communicating with team members, project management and data scientists to understand requirements and strategically implement robust software designs.
- Identifying opportunities for the improvement of the ingest and processing of 1st and 3rd party data either by improving existing frameworks or by re-architecting existing solutions
- Consistently striving to produce the best implementations of the most accurate digital media measurement products in the market.
Our management team is looking for a qualified candidate who will be energized by the dynamics of an entrepreneurial work environment. If you thrive on change, run with new challenges, and you’re interested in what you’ve read so far, you have the qualities we’re looking for in a candidate.
Here’s a summary of the skills you’ll need for this position:
- BS computer science or related field
- 5+ years experience in software development or MS in computer science
- Experience with big data tools (Spark, Hive, Kafka, Clickhouse, Druid, etc).
- An understanding of software development practices including object oriented programming, unit and integration testing, deployment pipelines, etc.
- An understanding of cloud architecture patterns such as containerization, cluster computing, message queueing, data pipelines and workflows, etc.
- The desire to continually learn and test your own boundaries.
- Collaborative, positive attitude with desire to work in a demanding, fast paced, and dynamic work environment for a rapidly growing business unit.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem solving skills with unrelenting focus on practical business implications.
Are you ready to take a leading role with one of the most innovative and exciting technology companies that is transforming the marketing world?
While advertising and media continue to grow digitally and revolutionize marketing “online”, 93% of all consumer spending is still happening “offline”. Marketers want to find buyers of their products - not just “clickers”. Oracle Data Cloud is leveraging the power of big data, technology and predictive analytics to fuse offline sales with digital media. By helping marketers build, reach and measure purchase-based audiences, ODC serves as core marketing infrastructure for a data-driven world.
Even in the face of our sustained growth we've managed to preserve the energy, creativity, nimbleness, individual empowerment and fun of an emerging company. We're Colorado based and have offices in NYC, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Detroit and London.
We offer competitive compensation, incentive and bonus plans. Our benefits include quality medical, dental, flexible spending, and life insurance, effective the day you join the team, and a matching 401k plan.
Broomfield, CO, US
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.