Title: CNC Programmer/ Manufacturing Engineer
_ Job Functions: Manufacturing/ Operations _
_ Industry: Aerospace Manufacturing _
_ Location: Indianapolis, IN _
_ Job Status: Full-Time _
_ Minimum Education Required: Manufacturing/ Mechanical Engineering Degree OR applicable experience in aerospace manufacturing _
Position Description : The CNC Programmer has the primary responsibility to evaluate, develop and sustain programs, work holdings and work instructions for assigned part families that are within customer requirements. Duties include: use CAD/CAM software to develop work holdings, tooling, and NC programs, work with machinists and inspectors to prove processes, create documentation for machinists to perform operational activities for consistent quality parts, communicate with production planning to identify manufacturing lead time and resource utilization and support quality management team as necessary.
- Reviewing and understanding internal quality management system & customer requirements prior to producing tooling, programs, etc.
- Program multi-axis machines for CNC operations, this shall include but is not limited to CNC
Lathes, CNC Mills and CNC Grinders.
- Develop part specific work holdings for each operation and communicate requirements to tool making department.
- Develop work instructions for each manufacturing operation.
- Communicate with the production team manufacturing lead times and resource allocation.
- Participate in brainstorming/problem solving with Engineering & Production personnel to
solve related problems.
- Follow Standard Industrial practices for working with aerospace-grade materials.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Siemens NX (CAM) software required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a CNC Programmer with various equipment o CNC Lathes and CNC Mills
o Experience with Siemens, Fanuc, Tosnuc, OSP and HeidenHain machine controls
- Ability to process aerospace-grade materials such as aluminum, waspaloy, rene’, titanium, inconel, stainless steel, etc.
- Ability to process a component from raw material to finished component. This includes but is not limited to interpreting drawings, designing fixtures, select equipment and tooling for each operation, create set-up sheets/ work instructions and troubleshoot
- Effectively produce conforming components while maintaining commitment dates to customers
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015/ AS9100 Quality Management System
- Working knowledge of various measuring gages: calipers, micrometers, pin gages, dial
indicator, dial bore gages, height gage, comparator, etc.
- Ability to do trigonometry and geometrical math computations
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, peers, management, manufacturing personnel,
and both technical and non-technical people.
- Applicants must be US Citizens or have permission to work within the US
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and database management tools.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot processes
- Advanced Computer Knowledge
- Experience in reading blueprints and GD&T.
- Strong background in project management methodology
- Possess a strong technical background to understand and evaluate the technical
specifications, requirements, and capabilities associated with the project
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines; using excellent
interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
- Self-motivated with problem-solving and decision-making skills
Job Type: Full-time
- cad and cam software: 5 years (Preferred)
- CNC Programming: 5 years (Required)
- machine operator: 5 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday