It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world measurably better.
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
Entry Level Quality Engineer
To establish, plan, support, implement, measure, analyze, adjust and/or maintain processes or activities that ensure the quality system is effective, and that products and services meet internal and external customer requirements and expectations.
- Performs professional Quality Engineering assignments of considerable complexity under limited direction supervision i.e. Conducts statistical analysis in the form of capability studies, DOE’s, etc. to evaluate processes.
- Designs, installs and continually evaluates quality assurance and/or control methods and systems.
- Develops standards, procedures, and work instructions to provide quality guidance and to facilitate training activities.
- Performs training in internal auditing, mechanical inspection and statistical techniques.
- Develops sampling plans and statistical methods to be utilized by manufacturing and inspection in assessing the quality levels of products and processes to include determination of control points and charting methods.
- Interfaces with engineering and CMM programmers, to design fixtures and processes to ensure the effectiveness of measurement systems.
- Conducts internal and external audits and supplier surveys to verify capability and/or compliance.
- Coordinates and participates in material review activities to determine nonconforming product dispositions and corrective actions.
- Develops, generates, and analyzes reports and returned products to identify trends and to facilitate corrective action/quality improvements.
- Provides technical guidance to all personnel to assist in the use of statistical process control and problem solving techniques.
- Plans, conducts and takes action regarding gauge R&R, product and process capability studies.
- Performs QE liaison activities as required to support internal/external customer service and satisfaction
- Provide other quality engineering support as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field; and/or Professional Engineer, and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or equivalent.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience; manufacturing experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills, with ability to read and analyze complex information.
- Advanced math skills, with ability to interpret technical data, in mathematical or diagram form.
- Thorough knowledge in mechanical inspection techniques.
- In –depth knowledge and implementation of statistical techniques, with ability to identify, analyze and define possible solutions for continuous product and process improvement.
- Good knowledge and understanding of computer programs, applications and databases.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors. Do not provide any information on the application which will indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!