Lead Control Systems Engineer (Relocation Assistance/Signing Bonus)
Location: Henderson, NV
Experience: 2-5 Years
Are you ready for your next big career challenge?
Join a world-class automation engineering firm! Thermo Systems seeks energetic team members who strive to succeed and make a difference in a fast-paced, hands-on, engineering environment. Our greatest asset is our team, and we work hard to create a rewarding environment. Be part of something unique; excel and enjoy.
We buy lunch for our team members every day! We have taken them and their families on long weekend get-a-ways at each 5th company anniversary. We present awards to our achieving employees and back them up with career advancement opportunities. We also keep everyone’s skills up to date through “Thermo University”, our top-notch internal training program. And, most of all, we are NEVER afraid to say, “Thank You,” to our team members for a job well done! Does this sound like the type of progressive company you’d like to work at?
Who We Are:
Thermo Systems is a global, full-service control systems integration partner, providing world-class automation solutions within the District Energy, Life Sciences, and Mission Critical Markets. From our Headquarters in East Windsor, NJ, and offices throughout the US, Thermo Systems deploys industrial automation projects throughout the US and Europe.
Our Current Need:
We are currently seeking a full-time field experienced Lead Control Systems Engineer with 2 to 5 years of industrial automation experience.
Summary of Duties:
This detail-oriented position will report to our Henderson, NV office. You will be an integral part of our service group and project implementation team responsible for leading and coordinating the installation, start-up, and troubleshooting of PLC-based control systems. Qualified candidates will also provide field service, repairs, and preventative maintenance procedures to industrial process control systems including controllers, networks, and peripheral devices. In-town travel and overnight travel to project sites outside of New Jersey.
Qualified Candidates shall exhibit one or more of the following attributes:
- Proof of Covid vaccination is required at time-of-hire.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology-related field.
- 2+ years working with and programming automated equipment including VFDs and other programmable controllers.
- Experience in programming of one or more of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens.
- Hands-on experience with electrical panel, design, build, and troubleshooting, including field installation of building automation systems equipment, instrumentation, and end devices.
- Experience in hardware and software design development for process and energy-based applications.
- Experience in programming one or more of the following SCADA packages: RSFactoryTalk, Wonderware, Genesis Iconics, iFix.
- Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- Experience in third-party integration devices connected through Modbus, LON, Ethernet IP, Siemens P2, BACNET, or other communication protocols.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the machinery with which our control systems interface. Previous field engineering experience is a plus.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
- Overnight and in-town travel will be required.
What you'll get:
- Competitive salary, annual bonuses, 401(k) with company match, and business travel reimbursement: We appreciate our employees, and we make sure they know it.
- Benefits: We offer full-time employees multiple healthcare packages, including low-cost options.
- Casual Dress: Every day is “Casual Friday’, we want you to be comfortable when you come to work. You don’t have to leave your jeans at home anymore!
- Training: We offer in-house and factory technical training to keep our staff sharp.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We encourage academic advancement and professional credentialing.
- Vacation / Sick Time: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
Visit us at www.thermosystems.com to learn more!
Thermo Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Henderson, NV: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)