United States of America
ISR Systems - Princeton 330 Carter Road, Princeton, NJ, 08540 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond?
At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. ISR Systems Princeton (Sensors Unlimited Inc.) is the leading developer and manufacturer of shortwave infrared (SWIR) one and two dimension focal plane arrays, cameras and systems. Our products have diverse applications in telecommunications, process/quality control, fiber optics inspection and military imaging industries.
We are looking for a talented Associate Test/Manufacturing Engineer for our Production group. This motivated individual will handle the daily operations of our final test manufacturing area, but will work closely with Packaging, Process, Quality, and Sales, to name a few. You will be part of a team building, testing and manufacturing state-of-the-art, next generation military and industrial imaging cameras and systems. Thinking outside the box, generating new testing, building ideas, and being an effective team player is essential for success in this role. Daily responsibilities will include but not limited to, working on Customer RMAs, working alongside SW Engineers developing internal test software to help support high volume orders, work alongside mechanical team cleaning up work instructions and documentation, help support new product release into production, capacity studies, 5S initiatives, MRR/3P implementation, yield analysis, Sales and BD customer support with applications, possible visits to customer sites, test new rev PCBAs and SW for production use, support outgoing QC, and work to implement SPC at final test.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline and 0 to 3 years of relevant experience. A degree in Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering is preferred. In the absence of a degree 6 years of relevant experience is required.
- US Persons required
- Must be good at troubleshooting and have the ability to work on multiple tasks in a production, fast moving, high volume environment.
- Must be hands on, able to understand, SW, Hardware, test methods, and some facility requirements.
- Must be proficient with documenting manufacturing processes and be able to generate and maintain manufacturing documentation such as routers, travelers and work instructions.
- Experience with MRR, 3P or production release design verification.
- Experience with 5S is a plus.
- Experience with Ovens and/or vibration shocking chambers a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing products that use semiconductor and electronics for both the military and commercial SWIR markets is a plus.
- Experience with designing manufacturing fixtures and mechanical drawings is a plus.
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be a part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams:
We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.