Who we are:
Hudbay is a Canadian integrated mining company with operations, development properties and exploration activities across the Americas principally focused on the discovery, production and marketing of base and precious metals.
Hudbay Minerals Inc. is seeking an Information Technology Infrastructure Specialist at our Snow Lake, MB location. In addition to benefits, pension and profit sharing, relocation packages and housing assistance is available to move you and your family to the vibrant community of Snow Lake. There is also a camp available for those who wish to drive in and out of Snow Lake, however please note that this opportunity is NOT a fly-in-fly-out position.
1. Infrastructure Support
- Administer and oversee the operations of the physical and logical infrastructure within MBU data centers.
- Maintain an IT system update program that address identified risks and business security requirements for operating systems and infrastructure.
- Administer the process of gathering, analyzing and assessing the current and future infrastructure landscape, as well as provide a realistic overview of infrastructure health in the business unit environment.
- Develop budget projections based on short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- Monitor and report on compliance with IT policies, as well as the enforcement of policies within the organization.
- Works with business operations teams to ensure good coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes.
- Propose changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure operating efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Provides oversight for the operations and support of IT systems that fulfill the needs of the business, and provides input to the Manager Shared Services Infrastructure as well as to peer direct reports responsible for other aspects of Infrastructure and Operations (I&O).
2. Architecture/Engineering Support
- Consult with IT and business stakeholders and security staff to ensure that infrastructure impacts are factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware, applications and software.
- Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend or plan the implementation of new or updated hardware or software, and analyze its impact on the existing environment; provide technical and administrative expertise for the administration of network and infrastructure tools.
- Develop and implement infrastructure controls and configurations aligned with security policies and legal, regulatory and audit requirements.
3. Operational Support
- Maintain a knowledge base comprising a technical reference library, service catalog and disaster recovery manual.
- Manage infrastructure projects and provide expert guidance on infrastructure matters for other IT projects.
- Administer and review audit trails, IT system logs and other monitoring data sources periodically and ensuring that they are in compliance with policies and audit requirements.
- Perform security testing procedures with Security team to verify the security of IT systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks.
4. End User Support
- Walk business users and peers through problem solving process.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure on incidents/changes.
- Act as the top tier of support function and escalate to third party service providers where applicable and appropriate.
- Maintain the currently high levels of IT user satisfaction from MBU Hudbay employees.
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in computer science or related discipline
- 5 or more years experience in Information Technology with focus on Virtualization, SAN, LAN’s, server and network hardware as well as software support
- Experience with VMware ESXi Enterprise or higher
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with performance troubleshooting and monitoring
- Experience managing projects and track record of delivering projects on time and without negative consequences to the business
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and improve the efficiency of an organization's IT infrastructure
- Experience in ITIL practices for incident/problem/change management is preferred.
- The following would also be desirable;
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure experience, Microsoft Active Directory, Linux administration experience
- Experience with information access control and configuration management tools
- Implementation of network and server. Strong understanding of VMware virtualization products and storage technologies.
- Familiar with Windows server systems, such as AD (Active Directory), DNS, DHCP, Web server, SQL server etc.
- Advanced networking - network routing/switching and IT security (firewalls, ACLs, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Network storage systems (Zadara, HP SAN, etc.)
- Watchguard & Cisco ASA Firewall management
- Citrix XenApp application servers
- Understanding of data replication and backup software (e.g. HPE Data Protector, Veeam, or similar technologies from other vendors)
- Ability to collaborate with teams and employees working across multiple locations
- Flexible hours and/or overtime required on occasion. Participate in an on-call rotation schedule
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer service focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including root cause analysis, critical thinking and attention to detail and quality. “Sense of urgency” relative to resolving critical issues
- Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing environment and anticipate changes in technology
- Ability to prepare written policies, procedures, and technical documents.
- Compliance and information security are critical to this role, the candidate is expected to have a high level of accountability and adhere to Corporate Compliance and Security.
- Experience with hybrid cloud network virtual applications including firewall, load balancers and caching/optimization tools
Key Words: Network Installer, Network Engineer, Network Administrator, Server Administrator, Virtual Server Specialist, AWS Administrator
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent