Tool Design Engineer & Toolmaker
Individual will be responsible for new part concept feasibility ideas along with tool designing for new projects and old projects. Manage toolmakers and their work.
- Support Sales with quoting
- Tool Design with Cad software
- Provide assistance to Tool Room staff when necessary for tool repairs/design etc.
- Work with vendors to ensure production process adopted meets requirements for cost & quality
- Perform root cause analysis studies to reduce breakdown occurrences.
- Perform dimensional analysis; perform corrective actions to improve dimensional capability
- Maintain and assure safe operation and care of all stamping presses and other equipment
- Carryout continuous improvement projects and take preventive actions to achieve Safety, Quality, Productivity, Improve Cost and reduce scrap to the organization.
- Shop floor production support to troubleshoot quality and equipment issues
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment and demands
- Assist production with quality work ethics in a timely manner
- Assess complex tooling and equipment and repair as needed
- Support production with tooling needs; respond to shop-floor calls in a timely manner
- Ability to operate all standard tool room equipment and use precise measuring equipment
- Individual must be self-motivated
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Light travel to customer sights
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Prior experience working 15+ years with stamping dies for punching, forming, die design
- Completed an apprenticeship training program a plus
- Demonstrated ability to produce finished product from a concept or engineering drawings
- Demonstrated ability to set up, program, and operate shop equipment
- Excellent knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry, Work to +/-.0001 inch
- Health, Life and Disability insurance
- Hours –Mon thru Fri; 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Tool and Die: 1 year (Preferred)
- Tool & Die with engineering: 10 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused