We are hiring a Mechatronics Engineer who will work with a major mining and road material supplier based in New York. This person will design, implement, and support automation and electrical systems at quarry, hot mix, and asphalt operations located in the lower Hudson River Valley region. This person will help take the company into Industry 4.0, IIoT, with strong machine-to-machine communication knowledge. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create embedded software design programs.
- Design engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Upgrade the design of existing devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Maintain, modify, upgrade and repair the existing SCADA systems, PLC control systems and instrumentation
- Install, program, calibrate analytical instrumentation, scales, VFD's and/or PLC's
- Troubleshoot industrial plant automation equipment networks, sensors, and control
- Design and install wiring, troubleshoot control circuits from 5 VDC to 120VAC
- Provide In-house and field technical support of PLC based control systems
- Develop electrical hardware design and functionality of control systems
- Develop and design safe and intuitive HMI and PLC controls
- Perform all aspects of start-up and commissioning of the control system
- Ensures all changes and modifications are properly documented
Desired Areas of expertise:
- Understand both analog and digital control systems, comfort tuning PID loops
- Familiarity with industrial communication protocols, particularly Modbus and Ethernet/IP
- Familiarity with industrial sensors, including those with Hart, 4-20mA, and 0-10v signals
- Familiarity with Variable Frequency Drives
- Familiarity with Ethernet networks, Routing, VPN, Remote access
- Understand fundamentals of data types and data structures
- Working knowledge of national and international electrical and safety codes and practices
- Experience in installing software packages, wiring, and bench testing systems in order to debug and also streamline installation
- Experience with CAD desired
- Experience with SQL databases desired
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics, and control panel wiring diagram
- Bonus: familiarity with MEAN stack, Node-RED, or, at minimum, comfort with C based languages
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to all levels of the company
- Willingness to work weekends and extended hours if a project requires
- Willingness to travel in the region -- 40% should be expected
- On-call, ready to respond to unplanned downtime
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively in mix of office and hazardous environments
- Self motivated to seek out problems and create solutions with little supervision
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Schematics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)