Jacobs is currently seeking an entry-level to junior software developer or autonomy engineer for our Dayton office. Successful candidates will have a background in Software Development/Engineering (C++, Java, or Python).
- Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field and 0-2 years relevant experience.
- Shall have experience developing software in C, C++, Python, or Java.
- Shall have at least minimal experience in planning and accomplishing goals.
- Shall have a firm grasp of modern computer programming with experience in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing.
- Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated technical documents or presentations.
- Theoretical bases for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and autonomy.
- Understanding of Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Understanding of generative techniques, both neural and other.
- Understanding of Cognitive Architectures.
- Demonstrated advanced mathematical expertise, especially derivations of algorithms or synthesis of controllers.
- Mathematical programming experience, especially optimization and simulation.
- Experience with particular machine learning software packages, such as Café, Torch, TensorFlow, or Theano.
- Experience with AI software packages.
- Robotics experience, especially robots within uncontrolled or adversarial environments.
- Basic understanding of computer networking and of neutral messaging tools, such as JSON and Google Protobuf.
- Experience with Sensor processing or exploitation, especially SAR, EO, and IR.
- Shall have experience developing software using Matlab.
This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .