The Construction Engineer (CE) will be engaged in theproject from the initiation / definition phase through final commissioning andcloseout. Below is list of activities / deliverables the CE may be involved inthroughout the life cycle of a project from initiation to final commissioningand closeout. Project scopes vary as will the roles of the CE for each project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
o Develop bid package / RFP
o Conduct pre-bid meeting with contractors
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- Five (5 ) years’ experience in the Electric UtilityTransmission & Distribution, Construction, Manufacturing, or similarindustries experience preferred.
- Must have superior interpersonal, leadership,communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Requires a proven ability to communicate effectivelyboth verbally and written
- Must possess advanced knowledge of MS Office suite ofproducts (especially MS Word and MS Excel)
- Work is conducted in an office environment (Private orSemi-Private Office) and requires occasional travel to off-site work locations
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant orconstruction atmosphere
Interaction with other team members, as well assupervisors and client personnel
- Working plant, construction, and/or shop areas aroundproduction machinery with extreme noise levels
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required bythe safety department for personal protection
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must beable to tolerate climate changes
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodicbasis
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or othercommunication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, whichpermits employee to communicate effectively
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time with orwithout reasonable accommodation
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, withor without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to conductanalysis and investigations
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonableaccommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes,with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travelwhen necessary to off-site locations
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds oftasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this titleand shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties andresponsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended tolimit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct andcontrol the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties andresponsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned thatare of similar kind or level of difficulty
Drug Free Workplace:
EDG Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to a drugfree workplace.
Applicants are subject to both pre-employment hair andurine drug screens.
Post-hire, employees are subject to random, periodic,post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug testing which may include bothhair and urine drug screens. In addition to the requirements of EDG’s drug freeworkplace program, employees may be required to sign, acknowledge and complywith drug free workplace policies or programs required by clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability status,protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time