As a member of the MFC Digital Transformation Team you will have an opportunity to work with a diverse technical office ensuring the successful completion of software development activities aimed to support Lockheed Martin 3D graphic simulation and Augmented / Virtual Reality (AR/VR) applications.
You will be a part of a group that is responsible for the design, development, documentation, testing, and debug software that contains graphical, logical, and mathematical solutions taking into account project constraints of scope, cost, risk and schedule in support of meeting critical mission requirements by use of software technological means.
You'll be utilizing a great deal of technical fortitude and dedicated focus for successful design implementations and software lifecycle support for a Unity-based 3D content delivery system that will interface with multiple external systems and tools in its support of operational requirements.
In this role, the qualified applicant will:
- Articulate technical requirements to non-technical customers and ensure their understanding of capabilities being developed and released to both internal and external users.
- Develop operational processes, procedures and technical documentation that will ensure consistent, repeatable, and scalable support aimed to provide SW enhancements.
- Interact with personnel on fairly complex technical matters often requiring coordination, collaboration and decisive actions to assure project success with minimum risk.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity while keeping team leads and management informed with status reports, metrics and key milestones.
Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is one of four Lockheed Martin business areas. MFC is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. MFC develops, manufactures and supports advanced combat, missile, rocket, manned and unmanned systems for military customers that include the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, NASA and dozens of foreign allies. MFC also offers a wide range of products and services for the global civil nuclear power industry and the military’s green power initiatives. MFC has five principal product categories that correspond to the vital capabilities it provides our warfighters and civilian customers in their defining moments. MFC pursues business in more than 50 countries with more than 50 product and service lines.
Join our team and invent the future of Aerospace and Defense!
- Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
- Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area.
- This region is a great place to live and to raise a family.
- Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options.
- The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States.
- The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part.
- Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld.
Where can you get to from Orlando?
- Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center.
- Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando.
- West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
- Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from in an accredited university in Computer Science, or related technical discipline and a minimum of 7 years of practical experience.
- Strong foundation in Unity C# and/or .NET full-stack programming and multimedia integration
- Experience architecting large-scale software development projects
- Experience with RESTful Services, WPF, ASP.NET, or MVC programming
- Proven ability to participate and sometimes serve as project lead in a team setting
- Excellent written and verbal communications with team, colleagues, management and customers
- Ability to implement customer requirements that provide affordable solutions within project constraints (scope, budget, schedule)
- Extensive experience in defining and managing of software requirements, coding and testing standards, baseline and change control process of product and associated documentation.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, communication flow
- Requires standardized programming development and user experience design using existing industry-proven coding standards for internal and military applications in concert with corporate security and backup and recovery compliance requirements for both hardware and software infrastructures.
- Moderate experience and/or familiarization with any or all of the following skills: AR/VR device technologies (HoloLens, Windows MR Devices, HTC Vive, Kinect, Leap Motion, etc.), Unity UI, Shading and Materials (VFX, etc.), Animation Formats and Pipeline Integration, Animation Rigging, PIXYZ, Cross-Platform Unity Development, Unity Third Party APIs/SDKs, External Input and Device Integration, SQL, and SVN/GIT/Perforce/AccuRev tools.
- Experience with Windows Server management/administration, AWS, Azure
- Existing Lockheed Martin culture experience w/military oriented projects or Programs
- Ability to technically guide other team members comprised of various skilled software programmers through all phases of the software development lifecycle
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.