Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an experienced Process Engineer to join our team! This position reports to the Engineering Manager at our plant in Chittenango, NY. The Process Engineer is a key member of engineering team. Experience process engineers with investment foundry or shell room experience are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers.
- Interpret customer specifications relative to establishing internal written NDT specifications.
- Knowledge of the investment casting process with emphasis on the shelling process.
- Develop the overall metallurgical casting process from gate design to establishing casting parameters
- Investigate metallurgical failure using root cause analysis.
- Publish reports on research and completed tests using data-based decisions.
- Identify and improve process yields using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.) to uncover variables in the process.
- Document work procedures and processes.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that will extend manufacturing and product capabilities.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Improve labor utilization and reduce cost.
- Education: BS in Engineering or other technical field
- Experience: Minimum 5 years applicable experience: Metallurgist or Process Engineer in the investment casting industry. Increasing levels of responsibility. Proven problem-solving skills.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of casting process, shell parameters and metallurgical impact. Working knowledge of solidification modeling. Solid works. Good written communication skills to develop CPP processing and work instructions. Good verbal communication skills and can feel at easy communicating with customer engineering groups. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent documentation skills. Assertive. Risk taker.
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (super alloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.