We are looking for successful candidates for a full-time position as a Project Architect with SHYFT Collective in our Des Moines, IA office. This role will require multiple skills and be strategically involved in our full suite of integrated project delivery services. The Project Architect will work with design staff to ensure a beautifully crafted design solution. All staff is expected to influence their career by articulating their goals and working with leadership to maximize those opportunities while working to enhance our culture, and leading award-worthy design solutions.
This is an immediate position with career advancement for those interested in growing beyond traditional architectural practice. Your role will include (but not be limited to):
- Helps to elevate the design brand and marketing it throughout Iowa while assisting other markets as well
- Provide architectural consultation in strategic planning, programming, design and construction
- Coordinate with colleagues, clients & sub-consultants for quality assurance and quality control checks
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and support to assigned staff when applicable
- Lead preparation and/or oversight of design documents including 3D models
- Demonstrates a proactive focus on client interaction and service in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Responsible for interpreting, organizing, and executing architectural design assignments and documents
- Communication responsibilities including documentation of project decisions and correspondence, conducting project meetings, distribution of minutes and preparation of project status reports
- Works with the team to create simple, refined, and beautiful design solutions with every opportunity
For this position we can offer an annual salary, signing bonus, mid-year and end of year bonus opportunities, and a competitive benefits package. A few benefit highlights include:
- Paid holidays (Total of nine (9) days - New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving/Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Christmas)
- Paid personal time - three (3) weeks/year with the ability to gain additional PTO
- Annual membership dues for AIA and other professional registrations
- The needed flexible technology hardware and software programs required to do your best work
- Company provided parking
- Flexible work schedule with work/life blend and targeted average hours
- Competitive healthcare or a stipend option ($140/month) for those who do not use SHYFT provided plans
This position is intended to help our integrated project delivery model through developing, designing, and delivering beautifully crafted architectural solutions. We believe in purpose and this position is created to elevate the SHYFT design brand, dialogue, process, and projects within our unique model. Our preferred and targeted start date would be in Q2 of 2020.
Our purpose is to help individuals and organizations with change. We offer traditional services through an Integrated Project Delivery model, so clients achieve their “Why”. Through building a creative culture where each of our team members can achieve their Why, we are able to achieve our purpose at SHYFT. Our vision is to change the way we work on projects, so we can accomplish: A BETTER WAY TO A BETTER SPACE.
Our team of architects, interior designers, construction managers, financial analysts and project managers/owners’ representatives provide an unbiased and well-rounded perspective. We’re a national practice with offices in Des Moines, IA; Columbus, OH; and Phoenix, AZ.
Applicants should submit work samples in advance of any potential interviews. Work samples should ideally be one PDF attachment and maximum 20 pages at 6 MB…but, we’re flexible.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Design: 4 years (Preferred)
- Architecture: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance