The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Cincinnati office is looking for a highly-motivated team member to work on a variety of water distribution, wastewater collection, and stormwater conveyance
projects. This position will support both local and national water and wastewater projects. Candidates should be self-motivated professionals with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project in our diverse and fast-paced office.
As a Junior Water Resources Engineer you will be working with a Conveyance Planning and Modeling team that works on projects locally and across the nation. During your time with us, you will have the opportunity to assist with planning of wastewater collection and potable water transmission systems, act as a technical resource for a variety of hydraulic modelling of sanitary, potable and storm water systems, and assist senior engineers on larger, more complex tasks. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering or similar field required
- 0-5 years of experience required
- Master’s in civil, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering or similar field preferred
- Academic or professional background in water resources, hydraulics/fluid mechanics/hydrology, as well as water and wastewater processes preferred
- Experience in serving various clients involving a wide variety of fields including: drinking water, wastewater, and stormwater conveyance systems preferred
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) preferred
- Experience in the use of InfoWater, PCSWMM, EPA SWMM, SewerGEMS, InfoWorks and INFOSWMM preferred
- Knowledge of I&I principles and abatement strategies preferred
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.