We are a global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy that specializes in the transport, energy and scarce resources sectors.
Our work extends across a range of market sectors – including passenger cars, commercial vehicles, rail, defense, motorsport, energy and environment – and we are proud to possess a client list that includes transport operators, manufacturers, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Through our multi-industry knowledge and deep technical expertise, we are uniquely positioned to handle our clients’ toughest strategic and operational challenges, with assignments that have included strategy development, cost reduction, safety management, regulatory compliance and environmental impact assessments.
In addition to our technical consultancy services, we have in-house engineering capabilities that enable us to design and deliver high-quality prototypes and low-volume manufacturing of complex products and assemblies, including engines, transmissions, electric motors and generators, battery packs and fuel cell systems.
- Engineering management and leadership responsibility for an electrical and electronic hardware design group distributed across the USA
- Develop and support strategies in coordination with the Global Head of Electronics
- Recruit, train, and supervise engineering resources as required to complete assigned projects
- Leadership responsibility for developing and implementing strategies to advance High Voltage Electrical Systems technology across electrification sectors of Transportation, Marine, Aerospace, Defense, Stationary, and Industrial applications
- Responsible for leading design and development of System architectures, product designs, test plans, to deliver hardware and software system solutions for research development projects and customer applications.
- Lead and participate in tasks to design, develop, and test power electronics products for future electrified systems, including: AC/DC Chargers, DC/DC Converters, DC/AC Inverters, Fuel Cell applications, Battery Pack applications, and related power electronics components and control systems
- Lead and participate in Design Reviews
- Organize collaboration with the Systems, Software/Controls, and Mechanical teams to ensure successful product development and deployment
- Provide regular program updates to both clients and Sr. Leadership on cost, timing, and technical challenges
- Ensure teams activities are conducted to meet goals related to product timing, cost, reliability, and durability as required for the intended applications
- Ensure compliance to meet Functional Safety Goals throughout the design and development process are met
- Ensure designs meet DFM & DFA goals
- Ensure designs have documented test goals and test plans that are executed through internal or outsourced testing
- Work collaboratively with Ricardo capability groups globally
- Work with Ricardo leadership and employees to ensure a safe work environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- 15+ years’ professional experience in high-voltage power electronics application, development and testing focusing on On-Board Chargers, Power Distribution in Automotive, On/Off-Highway, Motorsports or Stationary power
- Proven Supervisory and Leadership skills
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Strong customer interface skills
- Experience with Requirements Creation/Definition, Decomposition & Management
- Experience with application of the Systems V-Model in production applications
- Hands on experience in power electronics hardware development including design, debugging and validation of electronics, mechanical packaging, and thermal management
- Strong communication, client awareness, and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturing, Design for reliability, System DFMEA, and component DFMEA
- Experience with Embedded Software, Controls and Calibration
- Experience with implementing products meeting UL and automotive safety requirements, ISO26262, ASPICE
- Experience in codeveloping and showing compliance for DVP&R, Test Plan Creation & Management, Test reports, and Data analysis
- Ability to create a project plan that establishes resources (human, capitol, and outsource), effort, duration costs
- Excellent communication skills, presentation and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated to succeed, a self-starter who is driven and able to work with others effectively
- Ability to work with a global engineering team and global customer base
- Highly proficient ability to use Microsoft office tools and web applications
- Masters or PhD in Engineering or Management
- 20+ years’ professional experience
- Strong business and commercial
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple project teams simultaneously
- Experienced in developing and maintaining supplier relationships
Understanding of global industry standards and trends to provide the latest technology solutions
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, height, weight, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, arrest record (MI only), parental status (IL only), military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.