Join one of the TOP Mold Shops in the Twin Cities!
Custom Mold & Design was founded in 1965 for the purpose of contract manufacturing plastic injection molds. High quality product, superior service to the customer and a dedication to the well-being of each employee has always been the goal. Join us now in our state of the art, newly remodeled facility.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Mold Design Engineerto work in a fast growing company!
Position Requirements include:
- Education minimum 2 year trade school with emphasis on tool making or engineering equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience as a Mold Design Engineer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills; effective business correspondence and reporting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and business operating systems
- Proficient in the use of design and/or programming software, Pro-E or Solidworks preferred
- Knowledge of engineering or technical operations
- Knowledge of blue print reading
- Understanding of component and/or mold manufacturing and ability to make decisions on in process tolerancing.
- Able to perform daily tasks safely; to work independently with limited supervision
- Solve practical problems and work effectively with customers, vendors and other departments
- Work with customers to ensure the product will conform to their requirements and meet their needs
- Assist customers with part design issues, thus creating more robust designs
- Create detailed written communication documenting processes to be used
- Take responsibility to see jobs are completed when due
- Develop, evaluate and improve mold building techniques
- Ability to provide solutions to technically challenging engineering projects
- Strong communication (written and verbal), ability to effectively contribute at a high level both internally and externally
In addition to a wonderful working environment, we offer an excellent compensation and benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, 401(k), disability, PLUS MORE!
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Plastic Injection Mold Design: 1 year (Required)
- Pro/Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement