Binkley & Barfield is seeking a talented, team-focused Roadway Design Engineer with management experience to join our Austin and Round Rock offices. Your technical knowledge, relationships, and team-focused approach will enhance our mission to listen and respond to our clients’ needs while earning their trust with quality engineering solutions. BBI’s team offers industry recognized team of experts to work alongside while contributing to the engineering profession.
- Responsible for roadway engineering projects in the development of roadway and drainage plans and design.
- Responsible for delivering roadway and highway design projects for public and private clients
- Perform civil engineering design calculations, developing construction plans and specifications for municipal, land development and TxDOT projects
- Leads and mentor graduate engineers
- Leads and work within a team to develop designs and plans that achieve our client’s goals and objectives while meeting schedule commitments and budget requirements
- Problem solving and project delivery specialist capable of making rapid decisions with limited input from senior staff
- Licensed professional engineering in Texas (or a state that reciprocates with Texas)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited United States located university
- A minimum of six (6) years similar combined highway/roadway design and management experience
- Experience in TxDOT or similar roadway design projects including development of roadway design bid packages for construction
- Experience managing and working with project engineer task leaders, designers and project administrative personnel
- Familiarity with MicroStation and OpenRoads or InRoads.
- Ability to lead multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 6 years (Required)
- Highway/Roadway Design: 6 years (Required)
- Professional Engineer (PE) (Required)