Faster Inc, located in Maumee, Ohio, has an immediate opening for an Application Engineer. The Applications Engineer will oversee and assist in the planning, design and implementation of machinery and equipment in the hydraulics industry. The Application Engineer assists clients and customer service with product questions and works with global partners regarding product non-conformities.
- Translate customer specifications and performance requirements into the appropriate Faster product to maximize customer’s hydraulic equipment performance at a competitive total cost.
- Work with Finance/Accounting, Operations, Supply Chain, Sales Management, and General Manager to complete the cost analysis prepared by R&D with additional sales information to assist with pricing of new products.
- Develop and maintain Bills of Material (BOM) for locally assembled products.
- Visit customers together with Global Segment Managers, Regional Sales Management, or Sales Agents upon request.
- Assist the Global Segment Managers, R&D, Regional Sales Management and Customer Service in responding to specific technical and/or application requests from customers.
- Attend tradeshows and support the promotional material preparation.
- Provide technical content on newsletters, technical bulletins, customer and competitive product crossovers, application case studies and other marketing support tools (including website and e-commerce portal).
- Promote the technical requests of the customer within the Faster organization, and interface with R&D on new product needs using the Faster Product Development Process (FPDP).
- Understand new product launches, and work with Regional Sales Management to propose the right applications for new products.
- Use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system as the sales related communication tool, contributing to data quality and integrity in the system
- Contribute to a structured customer satisfaction measurement process, using the appropriate customer-specific procedures and guidelines
- Prioritize and execute application engineering tasks and act as project manager for assigned projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering and programming including electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and computer programming.
- Proficient with computer industrial design systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with computer design systems and Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology required (will consider other Engineering disciplines, and also candidates who will graduate Spring 2020)
- Knowledge of hydraulics industry and products preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% (can vary substantially with higher amounts in any given month)
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative