Vesalius Cardiovascular is a Vancouver-based medical device start-up specializing in the treatment of mitral regurgitation through novel medical devices. The company is preclinical.
We are designing and developing a revolutionary approach to the treatment of mitral regurgitation and currently have an exciting new opening for an experienced R&D Engineer in Vancouver, BC.
Under the supervision of the Director of Engineering, the R&D Engineer will be responsible for the conceptual development, detailed design, prototype fabrication, and verification of novel medical devices, fixturing, and tooling.
This is a challenging role requiring design expertise (Solidworks), prototyping and testing in a very fast paced environment. Please include a cover letter with your application.
The R&D Engineer responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishing design specifications to meet overall device requirements.
- Initiating and developing relationships with 3rd party vendors, contractors and manufacturers.
- Verification testing of designs, from concept to finished product.
- Prototyping development (fine-scale assemblies, micro-machining, model building).
- Documentation development that includes (but is not limited to) engineering drawings, specifications, protocols, test reports, work instructions, and quality inspections.
- Planning and periodic reporting of activities and progress.
- Managing specific projects.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Biomedical specialization is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years in the medical device industry or equivalent.
- Experience in structural-heart (specifically mitral valves) related medical devices is considered a very strong asset.
- Start-up experience (working in a fast-paced environment) is a plus.
- Familiarity with design and testing requirements of medical devices (ISO 13485, ISO 5840, ISO 5910).
- Machine shop experience: CNC machines, lathes, drills, grinders, etc.
- Excellent technical writing skills, and strong ability to understand and analyze technical documents.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a multi-disciplinary team environment (self-motivated, able to self-manage, strong desire to succeed).
- Strong CAD/design skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Good interpersonal skills including: maturity, respect, courtesy, tact, discretion.
- Must be able to operate under changing priorities and requirements.
Compensation, Perks & Benefits
Vesalius Cardiovascular offers an attractive compensation package. In parallel, our engineering lab is centrally located (Broadway Corridor) and includes:
- Access to a full-service gym
- Access to numerous green spaces, and lounge areas, and nearby restaurants
- Fun and relaxed work environment
- Very easy access to transit
For more information on our company, please visit www.vesaliuscardio.com.
Application deadline: 2020-05-29
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- mechanical/biomedical engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Startup: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)