Do you have a passion for education?
Do you enjoy helping students attain their academic goals?
Are you looking to work in a dynamic environment at a fast-growing educational institution?
About KEY Education
KEY Education is a Vancouver-based admissions guidance and learning enrichment company. Our team consists of qualified professionals who are passionate about education, making KEY the trusted source for families seeking top-quality supplementary education services and guidance in applying to their dream schools around the world at all levels, from preschool through to graduate programs.
We are looking for experienced educators with extensive knowledge and understanding of current pedagogy and innovative methodology. We believe that a strong foundation through education will set students on the right path to success. We seek like-minded individuals to join our team.
- Work integrally with KEY educators to evaluate, revise, and recommend improvements of the current curriculum and learning resources.
- Work to understand and leverage KEY’s program goals and educational strategies
- Work with students ranging from Grade 1 to Grade 12.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning and foster your student’s interest in English.
- Work with students to build their foundational knowledge subject area.
- Develop student’s skills in English. This improvement must be demonstrated through a student’s improved grades in their successive school report cards and/or through KEY’s internal academic assessment process.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work, progress, or concerns to KEY stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, English, Literature, Creative Writing, preferably from a Canadian, US, or UK university, or comparable credentials.
- Prior experience in curriculum or course design and implementation
- Prior teaching and/or tutoring experience.
- An Education Degree from an accredited institution or related field of teaching is an asset.
- A TESOL certificate or equivalent is an asset.
- Familiarity with the BC Ministry of Education English curriculum is an asset.
- SSAT teaching experience is greatly valued.
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skill
- Adaptability to changing conditions and priorities, a quick learner
- Cultural sensitivity: promote an inclusive environment exemplified by understanding various cultural groups.
- Genuine interest in and passion for working with students.
- A team player, demonstrate strong competence to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Time management: balance a multitude of tasks and prioritize duties as needed as well as the ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Punctuality and reliability to meet all scheduled class sessions.
- Professionalism: demonstrate professional standards of conduct when interacting with individuals in a business environment.
- Ability to work legally in Canada.
We are building a solid team of dynamic individuals who understand the value and power of education. If you are ready to take on an engaging and fulfilling role, send us your resume, along with a cover letter. We are interested in hearing from you.
Visit us at www.keyadmissions.com
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Curriculum Development: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)