This position will prepare and oversee construction documents as they relate to civil design for owners, architects, developers, contractors, and other clients. They will provide expert advice in the design, planning and management of civil construction projects. The position will ensure that a client’s expectations are met or exceeded. This position assists in growing and developing the civil group and services and continue to build successful client relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively develop proposals for civil design work.
- Accurately prepare civil construction documents.
- Provide descriptive solutions to civil site design difficulties.
- Successfully manage projects that are completed on time and within budget.
- Frequent professional interaction with clients to discover and implement expectations.
- Maintain positive relationships with previous clients.
- Encourage coordination with other design disciplines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Determine and identify the solution to design problems with individual effort and/or consultation with those within the department or organization. Must be able to develop new, non-standard, and creative approaches to problem solving.
Independent judgment to study previously established, often partially relevant guidelines; plan various connected activities. And coordinate these activities within a team. Decision-making impacts the department, outside departments, our organization, and areas outside of the organization.
Tasks and responsibilities require integration of diverse functional areas and may involve many different variables. Work is substantially complex and varied, and requires the interpretation of technical and detailed guidelines, policies, and procedures in combination.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering.
- E. Licensed Civil Engineer.
- 10+ years of working industry experience.
- Proven ability to maintain and high level of professionalism and organization.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Civil 3D.
- Established industry and market expert.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
This position requires regular sitting, talking, hearing, and vision and occasional standing, walking, climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, feeling/touching, and lifting or carrying objects weighing over 20lbs.
Job Type: Full-time