From the Great Lakes to the Illinois and Mississippi river systems, Andrie is the Midwest’s premiere marine transportation and service company. Founded in 1988, we provide a wide range of award-winning services to a broad range of customers – from local, national, and global corporations to small and medium-sized companies alike.
Andrie prides itself on our knowledge of the industry, experience on the water, our highly qualified people, and superior specialized equipment. Andrie’s multifaceted vessels lead the Great Lakes in quality, performance, and delivery.
From our headquarters in Muskegon, Michigan, Andrie serves a diverse marine customer base by executing Great Lakes projects and ventures from the Atlantic to the Pacific, from Canada to the Gulf of Mexico.
Our mission at Andrie is to empower our employees to serve in a safe, cost effective and environmentally sound manner. In order to achieve this, we have made the promise to be the company of First Choice. Andrie strives to be the company of First Choice for our employees, customers, and our unique ecosystem that we operate within. We believe in achieving this we all leave the world in a better place for our future generations.
As a member of the Andrie team, our employees embody the integral Values of: Honesty, Safety, Environment, Quality, Service, Relationships and Knowledge.
The Chief Engineer assumes responsibility for all machinery, onboard maintenance for the engine room’s efficient and safe operation and the operation of all mechanical equipment on the ship. The Chief Engineer ensures that the engine room is suitable for inspection by coastguard authorities and safeguards that there is a surplus of fuel and spare parts. In an emergency Chief Engineer will assume complete control of the engine room. The Chief Engineer also works closely with the Captain occasionally holding equal rank, to guarantee that the physical aspects of the vessel are completely functioning safely and efficiently.
Role and Responsibilities
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Directs and works with crew members to ensure that all maintenance is completed efficiently and accurately
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all machinery on vessel, including preventative maintenance of all machinery
- Maintains, cleans, and organizes all tools, equipment, parts, and supplies making sure that all inventory is up to date
- Retains and manages maintenance logs, supply orders, equipment lists, etc.
- Ensures the Engine Department is operated in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, and company standard operating procedures
- Assists Fleet Engineer and Director of Engineering in the efficient planning and execution of approved winter work projects
- Confirms that the engine room is well kept and prepared for inspection by higher authorities, and it is responsible if the inspection finds the room unsatisfactory
- Delivers general daily operation communication and updates of the engine room to the applicable crew members
Job Type: Full-time