Delco Automation Inc. is a premiere integrator of process automation and control systems. Delco Automation serves clients in North America and the following industries: water and wastewater, integrated security, ethanol, energy, mining, natural resources, oil and gas, chemicals, forestry, food processing, agriculture, environmental, manufacturing, and Technology. Our head office is centrally-located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Delco Automation is a single source of technical expertise in the combination of process control, SCADA, DCS, PLC's, information systems, instrumentation, measurement, telecommunication systems, and control centers. Delco Automation performs feasibility and planning studies, followed by detailed design, manufacturing, procurement, integration, training, and commissioning for new builds and retrofits.
Delco Automation is able to provide basic consulting or can take complete turn-key contracting responsibility for any size of automation or security project, from small compressor control panels, to customized water treatment plants, to large and integrated security systems.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Project Engineer. If you are someone who has experience in Industrial Control System programming, is highly self-motivated, and possesses a strong desire to continually learn and be challenged, we want to hear from you.
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Employment Details: Full-Time
- PLC/HMI/SCADA program development and testing.
- PLC/HMI/SCADA FAT testing, commissioning and field service.
- Creation of technical documentation (control logic, programming narratives, test procedures, user manuals, installation/commissioning manuals, etc.).
- Provide support to project managers and project team.
- 5 + years Industrial Control System programming experience.
- PLC programming experience with one or more of the following platforms: AB, Modicon, etc.
- HMI/SCADA programming experience with one or more of the following platforms: Rockwell, Schneider, GE, Ignition, etc.
- Experience with on-site commissioning and start-up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English is essential.
- Must possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on full-time basis.
Desired Personal Skills:
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent ability to master new skills and adapt to technologies swiftly.
- Can excel in planning, prioritizing, and working under pressure to meet set deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in team environments as required.
- Strong focus on client service and building lasting relationships.
- Exudes a positive and professional manner at all times.
The following May be Considered an Asset:
- Water treatment control system design experience.
- Presentation and training experience.
- Electrical and controls design experience.
- Degree in Engineering or diploma in a related field.
- Membership with APEGS or eligible.
Applicants outside of Canada will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time