TRANSPORTATION/ CIVIL PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER, P.E. - JOB DESCRIPTION
A Senior Transportation/ Civil Professional Engineer is responsible for preparing studies, engineering calculations, design and drafting of General Civil Engineering Projects with diverse knowledge of Roadway Design for Minor and Major Highway projects, attending meetings, coordinating schedules, coordinating the management of workers time and cost, checking project design and drafting. In addition, the Senior Transportation/ Civil Professional Engineer is responsible for:
· Preparation of design calculations for traffic / transportation projects. Calculations will include modeling. Must have diverse knowledge of Roadway Design and FDOT Standards for Minor and Major Highway Projects.
· Applicant should be knowledgeable of the Intelligent Transportation System Concepts.
· Experience in developing digital terrain models, profiles and cross-sections for highway projects. Experience in both AutoCADD and Microstation is beneficial.
· Experience in completing the design of roadway construction plans, signal plans, maintenance of traffic plans, utility coordination and construction documents are required.
· Assist in the Computer Aided/ Drafting of construction plans, site plan, exhibits, etc.
· Preparation of correspondence and attend meeting with Clients, Regulatory Agencies, Utility Companies, etc., to obtain/ provide data necessary for projects.
· Preparation of permits to the Regulatory Agencies, which allow for the completion of studies, projects, etc.
· Provide Quality Control checks of other Professionals, Engineers, Technicians, Design/ Drafters and Administrative Assistants for all work.
· Preparation of Project Schedules and Budgets in the FDOT Standard format.
· Preparation of proposals and engineering contracts for both FDOT and local Municipalities.
· Relative to FDOT Contracting; Applicant should know the marketing process and FDOT project completion process to gain an FDOT Contract, have knowledge of preparing the SHE and AFP documents, work together with Sub-Consultants to prepare the contract.
· Complete field visits to various sites to confirm project understanding.
· Perform construction administration services which may include preparation of quantity takeoffs, cost estimates, bid specifications, technical specifications, construction contracts, attend pre-bid/construction meetings, provide on-site field inspections, review monthly construction estimates and schedules and complete the final certification for projects.
· Coordinate Sub-Consultant efforts for preparation of engineering/ construction plans.
· Applicant should have certificates or attended classes in the following areas of expertise:
1. Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control
2. ADA/ Accessibility for Highway Design
3. FDOT Project Management Training
4. FDOT PD&E Training
5. Intersection Design/ Channelization
6. FDOT LAP and FHWA CBT Certification
The office location is in Stuart, FL, on the St. Lucie Estuary, Stuart is a mid-size City located in Martin County which has great Community spirit with superior Education facilities. The Community has a unique environmental quality both in its beach front/ estuary and lagoon areas and in it rich Agricultural l lands. The Community is one of the safest in the State of Florida. The Community has multiple parks and recreation facilities with golf, pickle ball and fishing opportunities. The Community is 2 short hours from Orlando or Miami and less than 45 minutes to West Palm Beach.
Looking for a leader with ability to oversee and mentor the work of young Engineers/ CADD Techs and Project Coordinators. This Person must have a Professional Engineers License with Strong design capabilities in a variety of Civil/ Transportation projects. This Person must be able to successfully manage the day to day operations of a 20-50 man firm.
This position requires a valid FL driver's license and is subject to policies of a Drug-free Workplace and background review. The dress code requires a professional appearance appropriate for the specific duties being performed. This is a salaried position. This position is supervised by the President of the company. Administrative/ personnel/ benefit issues are handled by the Office Manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $90,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- MicroStation: 3 years (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)
- Professional Engineer License (Preferred)