More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They'll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We're looking for a Vice President, Customer Success to lead Granular's global post-sale team. You will be a member of Granular's leadership team and have direct responsibility over customer success, professional services, training/education, account management and support. This role is extremely high impact for agriculture, with a footprint across four different product lines in the United States, Canada, Brazil and Australia. It also provides an opportunity to drive customer happiness, success and revenue for both B2C and B2B markets.
The position will be based in one of Granular's offices in San Francisco, Johnston or Champaign, and report to the SVP Revenue.
What You'll Get To Do:
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Lead a team of managers and 80+ employees across multiple functions in 3 US offices and remote in US, Canada, Brazil and Australia
- Determine best org structure and incentive structure across multiple business lines, both high and low touch
- Drive monthly, quarterly and annual execution of revenue and customer growth plans, including retention, upsell and cross-sell of multiple software and service offerings
- Build each reporting organization through strong mentorship and talent development while identifying key opportunities for growth, investment, and up-leveling
- Develop effective customer success programs to ensure successful on-boarding, adoption, retention, renewal and expansion for our customers
- Define and drive the ideal customer experience in close partnership with senior leadership and cross functional collaboration across departments
- Build a proactive, ROI-focused organization driving high retention rates while influencing cross-sell and up-sell opportunities
- Increase overall customer lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Partner with Revenue Operations to improve processes and drive data-driven decisions
- Partner with FP&A and Business Operations to drive annual planning, monthly forecasting, and strategies for customer retention and revenue growth
- Serve as a key voice of the customer within the leadership team to influence product and business strategy
- 10+ years of experience in sales, customer success with a software or technology company, ideally serving SMB or mid-markets
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, mentoring, motivating, and leading large (50+) cross-functional sales or CS/account management teams
- BA/BS degree, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Track record of successfully overachieving revenue targets with retention, cross-sell and/or professional service businesses
- Excited about improving how food is grown and agriculture in general, experience within the agriculture space a plus but not required
- Passionate about the customer and thrive on being advocating for your customer base
- Data-driven with interest in leveraging dashboard and analytics to make decisions
- Expert in organizational structure, incentives and team dynamics
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills, and command credibility with senior executives
- Experience in quarterly planning, budgeting and effectively forecasting
- Comfort with fast-changing business and agile approach to testing new routes to market and business models
Perks And Benefits
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the focused, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC's like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Johnston, IA, Cumming, GA and São Paulo, Brazil.