The successful candidate will join a Tier IV product escalation support team which has an increasing customer base footprint. The primary responsibility of the job involves triage of customer issues to fully understand the problem and gather details in order to appropriate assign issues to the development for resolution. Review of product software may be required in order to understand the nature of the problem.
International travel may be required to visit customer sites and for product training.
The candidate :
- Is expected to be creative, technically astute, highly self-motivated and an excellent team player.
- Must have strong communication skills, and experience with direct customer communication.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Will identify unusual technical problems and escalate for resolution
- Will provide support to customer and account teams to understand customer issues and respond to customer problems in a timely manner.
- Will be required to provide out of hours On-Call support based on a monthly rotating basis.
- Must be willing to support out of hours customer engagements (including weekends).Basic Qualifications
- 3 - 5 years related experience and Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related field
- Experience supporting Microsoft & Linux Operating Systems
- Working level knowledge in Database administration
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- A keen interest in application support with very strong problem solving abilities
- Strong level of curiosity to chase problems through to diagnosis & resolution
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows & Linux operating system issues using alarms, events & performance monitoring.
- Understanding of Database query commands
- Proven history of engaging with customers
- Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMware, & Azure
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies from Amazon & Google
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM environmentsAny previous experience with Avaya Aura solution would be advantageous.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $150,000.00 to $190,000.00 /year
- Google Cloud Technology: 2 years (Preferred)
- VMware: 2 years (Preferred)
- Amazon Cloud Technology: 2 years (Preferred)
- Linux Operating Systems: 3 years (Required)
- SCRUM: 2 years (Preferred)
- Agile: 2 years (Preferred)
- Azure: 2 years (Preferred)
- Computer Science: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Operating Systems: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply