Implements and coordinates engineering projects that will support the development and improvement of products, as directed by the Engineering Services Manager. Additional responsibilities include the measurement, evaluation, and documentation of product characteristics with respect to function, reliability, and quality.
Responsibilities and Duties/Essential Duties
- Work with product managers to plan and develop new product ideas.
- Review product specifications and evaluate data for product feasibility.
- Confer with the product team to prepare and implement design modifications.
- Use Solidworks engineering and design software to complete engineering and design tasks.
- Produce product documentation that sufficiently identifies product dimensional and performance requirements.
- Work with product line managers and purchasing to aid in the development of product utilizing reverse engineering best practices.
- Direct, coordinate, or fabricate prototype product samples and test equipment builds.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional, reliability and quality requirements.
- Interpret process certifications and flow charts to identify process weaknesses and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Manage the requirements for PPAP and review accompanying documentation.
- Create and maintain the requirements for incoming inspection processes.
- Summarize engineering information for marketing product presentations.
- Evaluate product warranty information, root cause quality concerns and implement design/process improvements.
Dorman Leadership Core Competencies
- Decision Quality
- Results Driven
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
Job Specific Competencies
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Communication skills
- Planning & Organization
- Detail Oriented
- Thorough Knowledge of Solidworks or other CAD software
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T drafting techniques
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Access
- Knowledge of EPDM or other PDM software
- Understanding of manufacturing capabilities; i.e. machining, stamping, casting, injection molding, electronics assembly.
- Experience in a cross-functional team
- Basic knowledge of automotive mechanical systems
- Basic knowledge of automotive electrical systems
- Minimum 0-2 years (ME I) experience with a technical degree (BS) in product engineering.
Capability to lift 50 pounds. Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, swivel, carry items from one building to another, and speak and actively listen. Noise level is usually moderate.
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V. www.DormanProducts.com