- Provide engineering support to the Zone operations
- Assist Plant Managers in the resolution of technical and operational issues.
- Assist Plant Managers in the investigation of operational incidents, the development of corrective and preventive actions.
- Participate in the creation, updates and reviews of PHAs, P&IDs, MOCs and SOPs.
- Create, review, and approve job plans in Maximo necessary to improve efficiency and reliability
- Assist with equipment component repair specifications necessary to improve efficiency and reliability
Manage minor projects (upgrades and retrofits as well as plant improvements and expansions) at existing locations.
- Develop designs, cost estimates, and economic justifications to facilitate the decision-making process at the plant and zone levels.
- Generate Authorization for Capital Expenditure (ACE) requests and follow-up on the approval process.
- Oversee project execution with the Plant Manager so that the end result meets the original requirements, in a timely manner and within budget.
As Operations Representative, participate in the design and execution phases of new Corporate level projects to ensure that operational concerns are addressed during design, construction and commissioning.
- Promote compliance with all applicable regulations and Group directives.
- Participate in the investigation and follow-up of HSE-related incidents.
- Periodically audit plants for compliance with FDA, Safety and Environmental regulations and policies. Participate in Quality and Accident Risk Assessments
- Champion Air Liquide safety, technical and quality procedures. Assist Plants with implementing and following Group, ALA and Entity specific procedures.
- Solution-oriented, with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Technical expertise in operation and maintenance of Air Separation Units.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform under stress and time constraints.
- Comfortable in both Corporate and Field environments.
- Has full range of motion and ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 50% travel is possible and ability to travel on short notice is required.
- Must be reachable 24/7.
Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical) preferred.
- 3-5 years of operational or engineering experience required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability