Building Engineer – Maintenance Technician
The position of Building Engineer is a critical one to the overall effectiveness of the building management plan.
Under the direct supervision of the Property Manager, the Building Engineer will be required to perform the following tasks:
· Assist Property Manager (PM) as needed including building inspections, procuring bids, managing staff, building operations, leasing and projects
· Regularly inspect all areas of the site/building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements and take initiative to correct as appropriate.
· Maintain building systems including interior/exterior lighting, HVAC, thermostats, life safety and building security.
· Accurately complete tenant requests, repair work and related records for the respective site/buildings as required.
· Utilize Building Engines Software to maintain daily logs and respond to tenant service calls/complaints.
· Oversee the performance of service providers and vendors.
· Monitor tenant move in and move outs.
· Clean the interior and/or exterior of the properties when required.
· Inventory and order maintenance supplies as needed.
· Report all unusual events to the Property Manager in a timely manner.
· Exhibit a positive attitude about the projects and tenants.
$25.00-$30.00 per hour based on experience.
Must have a valid driver's licenses
Must have vehicle
· 2- 5 years of related work experience.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office/ Outlook
· Must have strong work ethic, be able to work independently, and be proactive.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)