Job Summary: Cross-disciplinary role as the primary manufacturing engineering professional working with both the Engineering and Production teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop, design, and test a wide range of product components, production fixtures, and production processes, both for standard products as well as products with custom features.
- Prepare engineering drawings, sketches, layouts, schematics, and work instructions.
- Work collaboratively with both Engineering and Production teams to establish and develop strong communication links that achieve successful product roll-outs, prompt engineering support for Production as necessary, and effective flow of information across all technical disciplines.
- Be the in-house lead on production process definition/improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Provide guidance, training, and process improvement activities with production staff.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electronics Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent in related field.
- Four years of relevant professional/technical experience leading continuous improvement initiatives with experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Process Improvement Management supporting ISO requirements.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good judgement, with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable areas of engineering/technical specialization, especially those related to Production/Manufacturing Engineering disciplines.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design: Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation: Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off