Opanga Networks is seeking a talented software engineer with the right aptitude and attitude to join our ever-expanding team. Opanga is a growing company on the cutting edge of network management technologies for wireless networks. Our team creates a variety products based on our core data delivery technology including next generation SDN / NFVapplications, mobile applications for API frameworks for Android and Back-end server systems and web applications.
What should you expect as an Opanga Software Engineer?
As a member of the Opanga team you will take design requirements and convert them to high quality JAVA/C++ code in a timely manner.You will work with a team of professional software engineers to deliver top-quality software to our end users. You will participate in the full life cycle of our products including design, development, code reviews, patent creation and write up, test and documentation.
We asked our engineers what they loved about their roles at Opanga, and here is what they said:
- Contribute meaningfully to new and already-deployed business-critical network optimization solutions with a global reach.
- Coordinate the operations of new and existing customer deployments.
- Work closely with product owners to define the scope of work for upcoming releases.
- Develop high-performance, network-level software running on bare-metal and virtual environments.
- Evolve solutions for monitoring and management as well as big data sourcing, processing, and visualization.
- Build and improve both small and large scale testing tools, frameworks, and methodologies that support our products.
- Challenge yourself by exercising self-driven learning and team problem-solving on a daily basis.
- Cultivate a broad scope of technical and non-technical skills driven by a lively startup culture.
- Share findings, knowledge, and experiences with other team members.
- Flexible, friendly work atmosphere
Some of the things you might find on an Opanga Networks employee’s resume include:
- Designed and implemented a scalable NFV deployment, using OpenStack for a high-performance network environment This design was used to deploy company optimization technology across multiple countries and millions of subscribers.
- Improved the build process to automatically deploy software onto virtualized infrastructure to perform a gamut of regression and performance tests using Jenkins, Ansible and OpenStack.
- Designed and implemented a rigorous black-box testing suite in Python for a C software library with hundreds of thousands of lines of code.
This is just a small sampling of the tasks that youwill be met with on a daily basis at Opanga. Are you up for the challenge?
- A working knowledge of Python/Bash scripting and OS Management
- Understanding of object oriented coding,threading, synchronization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 1 year (Preferred)
- Seattle, WA 98104 (Required)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?