**THERE WILL BE NO SPONSORSHIP PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION**
Summary: This position is responsible for the research, design and support of mechanical, electromechanical, and hydraulic products and systems. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starter who works well in both an office and manufacturing environment. A technical person who is always looking for ways to improve the product.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals, to determine feasibility of designs.
· Research and recommend substitutions for obsolete parts.
· Perform tolerance stack ups, loading calculations and hydraulic oil displacement analysis.
· Perform stress/strain calculations, shear, torsional and vibration analysis.
· Design products or systems such as instruments, machines and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic or heat transfer systems.
· Plan and lead engineering personnel in the design and fabrication of test apparatus and equipment.
· Develop methods and procedures for testing products or systems.
· Participate in product testing or prototypes to aid the design process.
· Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
· Interface with other departments including manufacturing, sales, sourcing, product support, and accounting.
· Create and edit operation and service manuals for products.
· Create and modify drawings, solid models and assemblies for analysis, quoting, and manufacturing.
· Prepare technical reports.
· Use ERP system to create, manage, and modify engineering bills of materials.
· Lead projects and provide direction to manufacturing, procurement, designers and other engineers to accomplish project goals.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
· Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
· 3-5 years’ experience working as an Engineer.
· Some travel may be required to attend customer meetings, trade shows, and/or to test and troubleshoot units in the field; Expected travel < 10%.
· Advanced understanding of engineering principles of design; ability to be forward-thinking with design concepts.
· Experience with stress and load analysis.
· Exceptional mechanical aptitude and strong analytic skills.
· Prior experience with and ability to perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
· Ability to understand and perform structural computations.
· 3-5 years’ experience with Computer Aided Design Software, Finite Element Analysis.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
· Experience with SolidWorks CAD software.
· Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
· Experience designing to SAE and CE standards.
· Background in DFMEA, Problem solving, ISO requirements.
· Experience/certification in Lean and Six Sigma.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
· Ability to sit for extended periods of time, particularly when working on the computer
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time, particularly when in the manufacturing facility
· Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds occasionally unassisted
· Ability to bend or stoop occasionally
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to follow all safety requirements
· Ability to use standard office equipment (copier, fax, telephone, computer, etc.)
· Specific vision abilities required in this position include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· This position will occasionally have the need to visit the manufacturing environment as needed to complete assigned projects.
o At such times, a greater amount of physical exertion, standing and walking would be required.
· Ability to travel as required (driving, flying, etc.)
o Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier
· Manufacturing shop and office environment
· Exposure to noise, fumes, and dust, while in the manufacturing facility. Office environment is usually quiet.
Tronair is an EEO/AA employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift