ActivePure Technology is the global leader in active, continuous surface and air purification systems for health care, education, commercial and public facilities, hospitality, and residential applications. It is the most powerful surface and air purification technology ever discovered, and the only one in its class recognized by the Space Foundation as certified Space Technology and inducted into the Space Foundation Hall of Fame in 2017.
Our amazing people are on a mission to continuously make a difference in people's lives all over the world and every day using our skills and experiences to design, develop and deliver solutions for a better tomorrow and shape the future for decades to come.
Get to know us and see what it is like to be part of the world's leading active, continuous surface and air purification company.
Summary of Duties: The Manufacturing Process Engineer must be able to perform specialized Manufacturing Engineering functions for all departments of ActivePure's diverse manufacturing operations. The Manufacturing Engineer is also responsible for initiating production changes through innovative problems solving techniques. This position is responsible for supporting assembly production, leading continuous improvement activities necessary to reduce machine or work cell downtime, scrap reduction, improve assembly processes and increase productivity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for investigating, identifying and preparing solutions to manufacturing related equipment or process opportunities as well as developing and managing activities to implement solutions.
- This position must also address any project which may include new or existing tooling and equipment that supports sheet metal fabrication, stamping, painting, or assembly operations.
- This position must also perform workflow analysis to define work content of assembly stations utilizing line balancing and documentation.
- Additionally, this position must also provide time studies to find the best sequence of operations for our fabrication and assembly processes.
- The Manufacturing Process Engineer must also be able to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally with Management, Supervision, Production Associates, Maintenance, Purchasing, Design Engineering, Outside Suppliers and Contractors.
- Facilities Layouts, Expansions and Assembly Line Re-arrangement.
- New Equipment Justification, Procurement, Installation and Start-Up.
- Establish/Standardization of Product Routings.
- Ergonomic Evaluations and Improvements.
- Design and Implement Semi-Automatic Assembly Jigs and Fixtures.
- Evaluate, Contract and Expediate Fabrication Tooling and Equipment.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Manufacturing.
- Planning and Project Management. Must be able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently.
- Be a team player, flexible to company priorities, and be able to demonstrate effective leadership, presentation, and communication skills.
- The individual filling this position should have a solid understanding of "Lean Manufacturing" concepts and implementation.
- Additionally, this position should have a sound understanding of sheet metal fabrication, assembly technology, ergonomics, and manufacturing engineering. An understanding of machine hydraulics, pneumatics, machining processes, and painting are preferred.
- Hands-On Troubleshooting and Modification of the Production Process.
- Dependable (acceptable attendance) - Punctuality.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD is a must and any third-party software relative to manufacturing a plus.
- Predetermined Time Measurement Programs to improve costing accuracy is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to sit, stand, bend, walk, reach with arms and hands, talk, hear, use hands to finger, handle and feel objections. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to high in the manufacturing and fabrication environment. The office environment is usually quiet and clean.
Minimum Education Requirements: BS in Manufacturing Engineering , Industrial Engineering or a related Engineering discipline is preferred. An Associate Degree in an Engineering discipline and any combination of education, experience, and training will be considered. A period of experience greater than 10 years in a similar position in conjunction with some college level education should also be considered as the minimum.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we make available masks, hand sanitizer as well as our housekeeping team thoroughly cleaning common areas daily.
- Manufacturing: 10 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place