We are looking for a qualified CAD Draftsman / BIM Coordinator / 3D Modeling / AutoCAD MEP specialist to join our growing company!
Horizon is a national, multifamily plumbing contractor seeking a qualified specialist to join our team to prepare our Plumbing CAD drawings, participate in BIM Coordination and prepare 3D Modeling on our projects that require these functions. We have existing projects in many states including the Carolinas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and others. This candidate will work in a Horizon office located in either Okatie, SC, Denver, CO or Phoenix, AZ.
Designer shall work in a team environment to develop accurate, constructible, coordinated, and timely Plumbing system models meeting EDT's drafting standards, and fully coordinated with the architectural & structural elements of the building and the other building trades (sprinkler, ductwork, piping, etc.). This designer will also be responsible for providing accurate shop drawings that support the construction team. This position will report to our team of Project Managers in the various markets we serve. They will also be responsible for interacting with the project managers, project engineers, and field foremen.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Utilize EDT's CAD standards to create Plumbing models consistent with company and project requirements.
- Development of underground Plumbing system models fully coordinated with structural footings, grade beams, etc.
- Accurately model Plumbing systems in compliance with project plans, project specifications, and code requirements.
- Participate in and execute our BIM modeling and 3D modeling initiatives.
- Coordinate all plumbing systems with: ductwork, mechanical equipment, architectural, other trades, and structural elements of the building.
- Coordinate all plumbing to provide adequate access in accordance with manufacturer and code clearances to avoid installation conflicts in the field.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with project managers, project engineers and field foremen during the drafting and construction process. This includes communications of challenges and schedule progress on a timely basis.
- Use Company tools to manage requests for information and shop drawing progress.
- Proactively identify and communicate areas of deficiency/gaps along with proposed solutions on projects to support timely completion of work.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (preferred) or extensive CAD drafting/BIM / 3D modeling experience with an emphasis on Plumbing
- Minimum of 3 years of Plumbing design experience using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP and 3D drafting packages.
- EIT or PE in Mechanical Engineering is a plus.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural construction documents
- Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to details and deadlines
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed, as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments
(This job description is intended to broadly describe the general functions and responsibility levels of this position. It should not be viewed as a comprehensive list of the specific duties.)
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement