The purpose of this job is to research, develop, and support the implementation of manufacturing process improvements and new manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PERCENT OF TIME:
Weight = 100%
Experimentation & Data Analysis (30%)
- Designs and conducts laboratory experiments and perform engineering work to support the development, improvement, and scale-up of manufacturing processes
- Configures laboratory systems and equipment to facilitate experimentation
- Collects and organizes experimental, financial, and production data; independently utilizes statistical tools to analyze data; communicates conclusions to management
Technical Support (30%)
- Provides expert advice, generate data, and create analytical tools and models
- Assists any REG department, as needed or directed
- Oversees process development trials at production and research facilities
- Leads root cause analyses, process troubleshooting, and production support
- Advises company leadership on R&D and continuous improvement opportunities based on self-guided diligence.
Project Management (20%)
- Directs tasks and provides technical guidance to other employees
- Organizes and leads cross-functional teams to complete R&D, continuous improvement, and production support projects
- Writes and maintains project documentation including project charters, technical reports, invention disclosures, MOCs, etc.
- Communicates project updates to and consults with project stakeholders
Economic Modelling (10%)
Other frequent duties:
- Maintains an advanced understanding of economic aspects of existing production and products
- Creates detailed models for techno-economic analysis (TEA) of processes and systems
- Utilizes TEA to guide and communicate the technical and economic impacts of process development projects
- Travels to production and research facilities
All other duties as assigned.
B.S. in an engineering discipline (or equivalent). M.S. in an engineering discipline is preferred.
6+ years of related experience
Special skills, knowledge, or certifications preferred:
Knowledge of scientific and engineering principles and concepts. Very strong math skills, oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, ability to perform business functions.
- Exercise sound judgment and apply generally-accepted engineering and safety practices when selecting methods and techniques for evaluation and implementation.
- Be available for daily work and overtime as required
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers (oral and written)
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to use office equipment (computer, copy machine, calculator, 10-key, etc.)
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Provide personal contact information on an as needed basis for official business purposes
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.