STS Technical Services is hiring CAE Engineers in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
Join our client, one of the world’s most renowned and respected motorcycle manufacturers, in analyzing and evaluating components and systems for brand-new motorcycle models. Work on the cutting edge of mechanical analysis for an industry leader! This is a long term contract!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide finite element and multi-body dynamic analysis that conforms to established analytical guidelines, standardized work, and standardized tools
- Efficiently mesh complex parts, assemblies, systems, and vehicles while providing a deep understanding of the analysis results to design staff, program teams, and leadership
- Remain current on new analysis techniques and application
- Performs structural optimization regularly and collaborates with designers, project leads, and styling personnel to establish analysis-driven design starting points
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering field, Master’s Degree preferred
- Five or more years of experience in FEA
- Understanding of statics, modal, linear dynamics, non-linear materials, thermal, and contact
- Proficient at using ABAQUS / CAE for model building and ABAQUS solver
- Ability to communicate analysis results in a clear manner to fellow analysts and the requestor
- Ability to work on multiple structural analysis problems concurrently and manage priorities
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and methods (time series truncation, FFT, test data manipulation, etc,)
- nCode experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Nice to Have:
- Proficiency using Altair Hypermesh for model building and Optistuct for solving
- Knowledge of optimization techniques (topology, shape, sizing) and the ability to solve them in TOSCA or Optistruct
- Understanding of explicit dynamics / impacts
- Understanding of thermal-mechanical problems
- Medical/MEC: Minimum Essential Coverage: Affordable Care Act Preventive Care Coverage + Hospital Indemnity and Group Accident
- Dental: Full coverage nationwide PPO coverage or HMO option for Florida only
- Vision: Full nationwide coverage plan
- Short- and/or Long-Term Disability plans
- Life insurance for yourself, your spouse, your children
- Critical Illness and Critical Accident plans
STS Technical Servicesis the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-359-4787. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job Type: Contract
- FEA: 5 years (Required)
- nCode: 1 year (Preferred)