Kajeet, Inc. is all about innovation. Through its three brands, Kajeet, Arterra Mobility, and Otarris, the company is a leading wireless solutions provider enabling companies, education, and telecom service providers to customize the fast-moving world of wireless services to fit their needs. Arterra Mobility, a division of Kajeet, is the leading mobile virtual network enabler, having launched the top two MSO MVNO’s, and provides the Sentinel IoT platform to a wide variety of enterprises. Kajeet is the leading wireless solution provider in K-12, helping students in over 1000 school districts. Otarris provides innovative and optimized wireless solutions to the SMB market. For more than 15 years, we have built upon our deep expertise and agility in delivering highly configurable, unique solutions. Our management team is composed of industry experts who seek an open environment for innovation, personal growth, and making a difference. Our fast-paced culture and focus on teamwork means you will never be bored and have an opportunity to strengthen your professional career. The wireless world is constantly changing; we want you to be part of that journey.
Software Development Test Engineer
Arterra is looking for a Software Development Test Engineer (SDTE) who can quickly understand the architecture of the Agility Platform and test the web services and features within this eco system by building a robust test infrastructure. If you are a SDTE with great attention to detail, if you love finding innovative solutions for hard problems, this is the right place for you!. We are a fast-paced team where QA works closely with developers in an agile environment. Expect to spend about 70% of your time designing and writing test automation..
This role requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work on multiple projects independently and as part of a project team. This is more than just a testing position; we are looking for a strong Quality Engineering background mixed with Software Development skills. This person will be an integral part of the Quality Infrastructure team for test automation. The focus of this position will be supporting and building the product teams’ test automation capability. To perform this position you will need to be a strong coder with excellent communication skills. With your previous experience in test automation you will be able to guide and set coding standards for product Quality Engineers to adopt.
A Day in the Life Will Likely Include:
- Support complex coding requests from product teams
- Building an extensible framework for product teams
- Research, evaluate and find opportunities for improvement through new technology/process adoption
- Build strong, collaborative relationships within product teams to drive higher capabilities
- Identify gaps in product team capabilities, create plans to support team growth
Sounds good? What You’ll Need to Land this Job:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or applicable discipline
- 4 or more years of QE experience
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience implementing automation testing for Web Services
- Experience developing automated tests within a test automation framework
- Strong Java programming language experience
- Familiarity with SQL and working knowledge of relational database technologies
- Previous experience implementing test frameworks and harnesses
- Experience with web technologies: HTML, JSP, XML, JSON, CSS, etc.
- Hands-on experience working in agile software delivery teams
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Skills that Would Really be Awesome:
- Experience testing with cloud based technologies (private/public)
- Experience implementing tests early in development to support agile testing practices
Experience with CI tools and technologies
The Good Stuff :
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Kajeet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time