ECT is looking for an entry level Design Engineer who will be responsible for design and drafting to address increasing business in RF, Automotive, In Circuit Test, and Compliant Connector Markets. The Design Engineer will work with all facets of the products group including marketing and sales, engineering, project management and especially coordination with manufacturing. The Design Engineer’s success will depend largely on his or her communication, organization, and technical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of electrical contacts in support of new and existing
- Team member in effort to expand RF, Semiconductor, Compliant Connector, Automotive, and ICT products.
- Team member for verification testing to support new testing requirements for new products.
- Production support in conjunction with manufacturing and QC to develop new and existing interconnect.
- Provide technical support for existing products and sales support on new CAD and feature data support for company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in mechanical
- Experience with coaxial RF connector design and
- Experience using software tools in developing new
- Proficiency with 3D SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience with design and implementation of production
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft
- Ability to work with a team to bring a new product from concept to
Education and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent engineering field is 3-10 years of experience in mechanical engineering field is desired.
- Must be either a S. Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident to comply with ITAR regulations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
This employer does not participate in providing visa sponsorship for employment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
About the Company: Since 1965, Everett Charles Tech, Inc.'ECT’, has taken a leadership role in the development of advanced technology board test products holding over 100 patents. Originating with the company's signature POGO® spring contacts, it has expanded its growth to include international manufacturing of bare board test systems, flying probe systems, bare board fixturing, loaded board fixturing, test services and, most recently, equipment, sockets and performance boards for semiconductor test operations. The company is fueled by a talented engineering team and a management philosophy that encourages creativity and a commitment to research and development. ECT continues to develop technology and products to improve board test, while creating quick and economical ways to test boards. ECT's involvement in the full spectrum of test creates a unique synergy that is unmatched in the industry. Because we are a federal contractor, and the facility has area's that require security clearance, we are required to ask for proof of US Citizenship or a Permanent Legal Resident.
Cohu, Inc. is a U.S. based, publicly traded Nasdaq company (COHU) with corporate headquarters in Southern! California (in Poway in the Greater San Diego, CA area). Cohu designs, develops, manufactures, sells, installs and! services semiconductor equipment for some of the world's largest semiconductor companies. Cohu is a global! leader in test handling, thermal subsystems, package inspection, contactors and MEMS test solutions used by the! semiconductor industry. The latest Cohu acquisition, Xcerra and its associated brands of atgLM, Multitest and ECT! bring together a deep and broad expertise in test that enables innovative and cost-effective handling, contacting and measurement solutions for the electronics industry.
Within the umbrella of Cohu, Inc., Xcerra is a global provider of capital equipment, interface products, and services to the semiconductor, industrial, and electronics manufacturing industries. The Company addresses the broad, divergent requirements of the mobility, industrial, automotive and consumer end markets, offering a comprehensive! portfolio of solutions and technologies, and a global network of strategically deployed applications and support resources. Xcerra is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AA/MFVD Additional information can be found at: www.Cohu.com
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement