Location: Newport News, VA
Duration: +/- 4 months
Employment: Full time, W-2 Contract
Equipment / component design utilizing skills and experience with following software and hardware:
- Develop PLC programs for automation equipment from concept to implementation.
- Software skills required: Mitsubishi GX Works, GT Designer.
- Develop software programs for Denso robot for programming and point teaching.
Software skills required:
- primarily 6-axis robots and RC7 controllers
Integrate automation equipment with networking, Ethernet & CC-Link communications
Basic knowledge of NEC, ANSI, RIA, OSHA, NFPA, UL regarding equipment safety and applicable electrical codes. Researches and interprets industry consensus standards to determine applicability to equipment design.
- Coordinates and communicates with CVI engineering department throughout development/implementation process. Participates in design review meetings and progress status review meetings with CVI engineering project teams.
- Prepares / adheres to detailed schedules. Identifies potential problems and proposes countermeasures required to meet milestones / deadlines.
- Prepares status reports, tracks, activities and results.
- Provide troubleshooting for automation equipment in implementation, testing phases
- Develop/integrate and perform concept testing for vision inspection utilizing Keyence CV-3000/5000 Vision systems (cameras & controllers). Coordinate with team members to identify lighting requirements.
- Provides electrical engineering support to design, implement production equipment and systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $36.00 - $48.00 per hour
- Denso robot for programming and point teaching: 3 years (Required)
- Mitsubishi GX Works, GT Designer: 3 years (Required)
- developing PLC programs for automation: 3 years (Required)
- Newport News, VA (Preferred)
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)