TissueVision is seeking to hire an Imaging Scientist with a background in electrical engineering or mechatronics to join our microscopy product development team.
TissueVision was founded based on our work at MIT on high-speed 3D tissue imaging. We're a team of collaborative scientists, engineers and programmers who have a passion to apply our expertise towards making better tools for biology. A major problem in biological research is that researchers don't have the right tools to answer crucial questions, especially when investigating the all-important tissue level of biology. The products we've made fill this need and have been used by thousands of scientists in academia and industry across North America, Europe and Asia.
Responsibilities: As part of an interdisciplinary team you will be applying your electrical engineering and mechatronics skills broadly to help develop our next generation imaging and tissue processing hardware and services. This includes PCB board development, programming, automation, interfacing to custom FPGA hardware, and analog electronics. You will also be involved in a cutting edge spectroscopy project combining multi-gigahertz RF analog electronics and FPGA data post-processing of time- resolved fluorescence images.
You will also have the opportunity to work directly with researchers at our TissueMetrics contract research services at www.tissuemetrics.com in areas such as cancer or Alzheimer's Disease.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Bachelors plus 5-10 years of experience
- Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or related degree
- Analog electronics / PCB dev
- Experience with C/C++ or related language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to biomedical optics
- RF Electronics exposure
- FPGA experience
- Light detection / Photomultipliers / CCD
If you find the idea of applying your engineering skills to further biomedical research exciting, we'd love to hear from you. Please send a CV and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
TissueVision is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- Yes: H-1B work authorization
- Yes: Other non-immigrant work authorization (e.g. L-1, TN, E-3, O-1, etc.)
- Yes: Immigrant visa sponsorship (e.g., green card sponsorship)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused