Teekay Atlantic Chartering
5 Springdale Street
St. John’s, NL
Position: Wiper – Available 4 Positions
Location: Offshore NL
Wage: $70,000 - $90,000
We are currently accepting resumes for the below position working in offshore Newfoundland onboard the Navion Anglia. This a contract position for 6 months with a rotating schedule of 35 day on/off rotation 12-hour workday.
The Wiper performs minor repairs on the engine room equipment and machinery as directed and instructed by 1st Engineer.
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience
- Engine Room Rating (COC)
- Basic Oil Taker Endorsement
- Valid Unrestricted Marine Medical
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties Proficiencies
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties certificate
- Valid Passport
- Able to perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on the engine room equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of lubricating oil level readings and ability for topping up as require
- Knowledge engine room systems
- Able to maintain an accurate inventory of lube oil and mechanical consumables on board
- Knowledge of fuel and oil transfers
- Taking part in emergency and occupational onboard training such as, the use of self-contained breathing apparatus, firefighting, and man overboard exercises.
- Demonstrate safety awareness
1-2 years’ experience on a shuttle tanker is a requirement.
Only those persons considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
Job Type: Temporary
- on a shuttle tanker: 1 year (Required)
- Unrestricted Marine Medical (Required)
- Engine Room Rating (COC) (Required)
- Basic Oil Tanker Endorsement (Required)
- Marine Emergency Duties Proficiencies (Required)
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties certificate (Required)
- Passport (Required)