We are seeking a qualified Commercial Project Manager for our company that fits in with our hard working, team atmosphere and who can add to our diversity in our industry. We don't need someone who has been there and done that, we want someone who is willing to learn our proven system and to help us maintain our reputation in the industry. Team player is a must and someone who sees the LONG term value of a proven successful company is a must.
SAMPLE OF DUTIES PERFORMED
- Reads and interprets plans and specifications.
- Consults with engineers, architects and owners on design problems and change orders as directed by the General Contractor.
- Estimate materials and labor needed for the construction process, in cooperation with others.
- Evaluates alternate methods of construction for cost efficiency and quality.
- Based on the evaluation of methods of construction for, he/she establishes standard operation procedures.
- Organizes contractor’s work force and assigns work to different crews.
- Establishes work flow and priority of work process. Ensures project remains on schedule for on time completion and adherence to contact. (Scheduling)
- Understands the basic concepts and methods used by subcontractors.
- Coordinates, directs, and schedules the work of subcontractors.
- Motivates subordinates, subcontractors and others to top performance.
- Instructs and trains employees, subcontractors and others in proper approved methods of construction.
- Leads fellow employees by example and provides guidance where needed.
- Delegates responsibilities to subordinates and is responsible for their performance.
- Is responsible for establishing and enforcing company safety procedures as outlined in Safety Manual.
- Establishes quality control standards and enforcing quality standards for own forces and subcontractors.
- Acts as a team player at all times using a can do attitude towards tasks and problem solving.
- Orders and inspects and verifies quantity and quality of materials and supplies.
- Acts as liaison between General Contractor and others.
- Communicates plans and wishes of contractor to subcontractors, employees, architects and others.
- Solves problems within his authority and when necessary works with other employees to accomplish needed tasks.
- Makes quick, accurate decisions when necessary and takes responsibility for decisions.
- Holds subordinates accountable for their job description which includes write ups, actions plans as required.
- Is responsible for giving notice to subcontractors and material suppliers far enough in advance to assure materials are delivered and subcontractors arrive on schedule whether through assistant PM or other means.
- Is responsible for weekly production reports, time cards, and other record keeping as directed by management.
- Organizes paperwork and other office procedures.
- Attends seminars and training sessions related to the industry when required by management.
- Organizes and often conducts training/ mentoring sessions for subordinates.
- Designs and establishes check lists for inspections, quality control, and standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a high degree of integrity and loyalty toward the company and the contractor.
- Maintains a good cooperating relationship with architects, engineers, subcontractors, employees, material suppliers, the contractor, customers, the general public, etc. while presenting with a professional and clean appearance.
- Plans, conducts and attends meetings with others related to the trade.
- Determines alternate work assignments during inclement weather.
- Is responsible for purchasing, maintenance and care of company equipment.
- Evaluates and communicates evaluations of employees to both employees and the general contractor.
- Integrates all of the above tasks into an organized, controlled, smooth flowing system.
- Discusses and confirms customer change orders and assures that tracking of said forms is maintained, approved, billed and followed through. Subcontractor change orders are reviewed and approved for processing by either the PM or assistant PM and also tracked and verified during the billing process.
- Coordinates work process with customers and keeps customers informed as to progress and fully documents all pertinent project information.
- Maintains good customer relations.
- Accomplishes other tasks as required by the contractor.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining client base which includes solicitation of work, networking to obtain new clients and reviewing various assigned sites for bidding opportunities.
- Responsible for supervising and directing on-site personnel, which could include entry superintendents
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 - $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday